I LOCKED MY KEYS IN MY 2019 GEN 2!! FYI!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
pedal commander install is supposed to be either battery off of key fobs out of range, so being lazy I put all the fobs in an ammo can and schlepped them far, far away. It didn’t take long for the --defaulted-- motion sensor to enable and factory alarm starts blaring. Ford Pass to the rescue of my neighbor’s ears.

I even had the motion sensors trip while waiting in line for service once ;-)

I think we should start welcoming new users with a new tag
in addition to
#OneLessprius
#WhereAreBlademansKeys?

:)

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
LOL.. yea well i was pissed at myself when i felt the LOCK THINGY go down.-figure.. nahh it wont lock em in there..... I got the FORD CARD FACTORY PIN "now" saved to my EMAIL CLOUD account-just incase battery wipes out my personal pin... Then again when i locked my keys i also locked my cell phone.. Maybe someone will benefit.. i learned my lesson on that
That's not a bad idea to hide the code in my phone somewhere. This past winter it was one of those days where it warmed up a lot by early afternoon, so I had taken off my coat (with the key fob in the pocket!) and thrown it on the back seat while I was driving. I stopped at the grocery store and I'm getting pissed off because the lock button on the door handle wouldn't work! Damn Ford!!!! What the heck is wrong with this thing!! Then it hits me, "Hey numbn*ts, you are attempting to lock your keys inside the truck!"

The truck was smarter than me that day! :banghead:

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
OP, thanks for making me refresh my memory! I haven't used the keypad in almost 2 years. I never used Ford Pass to unlock it until I just tested it a few minutes ago. I almost posted earlier asking how to unlock with FordPass. Once I opened the app it's kind of hard to miss, even for me. Also, Gordo, I set my code almost 2 years ago, my battery has been disconnected a bunch of times while being serviced. When I checked it tonight my original code I set is still in there and worked fine.

Now, let's all laugh at Blademan! :happy175: :happy175: :happy175: :happy175::happy175::happy175::happy175: HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Seriously, that could happen to anyone, thanks for making me think about how to open the truck if I do the same thing some day! Not that I ever would, being the smart, classy guy that I am. Now it will be easy, I had forgotten about the FP app, and I hadn't tested my pad code in forever. :favorites13:

FYI, you can reset the combo so that you just mash the same button 5 times. I'm not telling which button it is though, so it will take at least 20 seconds to figure it out. As Big Mike once said "when they go low, we go high." But is it a 9 or a 0?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
FYI, you can reset the combo so that you just mash the same button 5 times. I'm not telling which button it is though, so it will take at least 20 seconds to figure it out. As Big Mike once said "when they go low, we go high." But is it a 9 or a 0?
It took me a while to figure out the Big Mike reference! :happy175: I never heard that one before.

OP
OP
blademan

blademan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
pedal commander install is supposed to be either battery off of key fobs out of range, so being lazy I put all the fobs in an ammo can and schlepped them far, far away. It didn’t take long for the --defaulted-- motion sensor to enable and factory alarm starts blaring. Ford Pass to the rescue of my neighbor’s ears.

I even had the motion sensors trip while waiting in line for service once ;-)

I think we should start welcoming new users with a new tag
in addition to
#OneLessprius
#WhereAreBlademansKeys?

It took me a while to figure out the Big Mike reference! :happy175: I never heard that one before.
I read it 4x to ensure i understand it before trying it 20x .. ;o)... After the abused i took from GORDO on my GRAAAAMA..i am trying to BE A BIT MORE CAreFullll. lol

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I made a label with a few random numbers.. the factory code and a few more random numbers. Made it look like a part #decal . Just for these occasions . Installed on inside of gas tank fill door .

melvimbe

FRF Addict
Reaction score
key fob = pant pocket

Seems like a simple solution, but what if you're not wearing pants? Got a solution for that case, genius?

Seriously though, the FOB never really leave my pocket while I'm in the truck. I'll remote start or unlock sometimes, but generally just touch hand to handle to unlock. I do use the keypad when she's parked in the driveway occasionally, and it's a code I'll never forget.

I used to be seriously bad about locking keys in the car. You break my 'exit routine' and there was a good chance I'd lock the keys, leave it unlocked, or even leave the engine running. One time I actually locked the keys with the engine running. By that time though, I kept a spare in my wallet, so not a big deal. Today, the only issue I really run into is trying to start the truck while the keys are still in the house.