I like these. What’s the catch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the pinch bolts on the SVC arm use a nut. The Ican ones thread into the arm, so it's only a single tool to tighten/loosen them. Convenient is the cramped space. Also, the Icon has a tapered pin, so you don't have to drill the spindle.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I like the greasable option but honestly these joints will probably outlast the truck. You can align the SVC arms without removing the bolts. The heim joint is inside a threaded collar that is cut with LH/RH threads. Tightening the adjuster "loosens" the heim end an moves it out. No drill spindle is a + for sure but the large bolt may be stronger than their tapered adapter/spacer set up.

View attachment 154863

these joints do not last the life of the truck
they need maintenance and they wear out
mine lasted one year and they are not cheap to replace
aftermarket suspension is expensive and has ongoing cost
others comments about these uca’s being expensive don’t seem to understand the crazy costs of making raptors go fast off road and that it never ends... until your wallet is empty

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
these joints do not last the life of the truck
they need maintenance and they wear out
mine lasted one year and they are not cheap to replace
aftermarket suspension is expensive and has ongoing cost
others comments about these uca’s being expensive don’t seem to understand the crazy costs of making raptors go fast off road and that it never ends... until your wallet is empty

People often mis-state "I can't afford this" by saying "that's too expensive"...

And people also don't understand that race parts like heim joints and uniballs typically don't last as long from a "normal use" wear stand point compared to OEM ball joints and bushings. The stock upper arm on my truck was not worn out at 100k miles. I do not expect the heims and delta joint in the Icon arm to last that long. But, they are stronger to prevent catastrophic failure during offroad use/abuse. So it's a trade off.

OP
OP
MDJAK

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well, Well, Well, first very, very interesting and educational replies here. Unfortunately, a good bit of it went over my head. But that's a good thing in that it tells me these UCA are not for me. Being somewhat stuck in NY with close to zero opportunities for offroading, I guess it doesn't suit what use my truck for. Though I did think they'd look good in the Costco parking lot.

As for the comments about spending money on suspension and upgrades emptying one's wallet, try tracking your car if you've got a car capable of it and you have the desire.

Do this math. Before I got rid of my last 911, I tracked it 11 times over 2 seasons, that's 6 weekends, each from 100 to 500 miles from home.

Each weekend was $600 for track insurance = $3600

Each weekend on track was about $500 = $3000

Each weekend on track hotel/meals = $2000

Tires, oil, brakes, etc = $2500

Or a grand total of $1000 per day. And I can assure you, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I can also assure you it will empty your wallet, your wife's wallet, etc. And I highly recommend it.

I have gotten it out of my system, however. And now that the 911 is gone, all I could take to the track would be my 2020 M5. My son is dying to. He did one of the above weekends with me, first time for him. He was addicted from the get-go. I'll take a pass.

letsgetthisdone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, Well, Well, first very, very interesting and educational replies here. Unfortunately, a good bit of it went over my head. But that's a good thing in that it tells me these UCA are not for me. Being somewhat stuck in NY with close to zero opportunities for offroading, I guess it doesn't suit what use my truck for. Though I did think they'd look good in the Costco parking lot.

As for the comments about spending money on suspension and upgrades emptying one's wallet, try tracking your car if you've got a car capable of it and you have the desire.

Do this math. Before I got rid of my last 911, I tracked it 11 times over 2 seasons, that's 6 weekends, each from 100 to 500 miles from home.

Each weekend was $600 for track insurance = $3600

Each weekend on track was about $500 = $3000

Each weekend on track hotel/meals = $2000

Tires, oil, brakes, etc = $2500

Or a grand total of $1000 per day. And I can assure you, it's the most fun you can have with your clothes on. I can also assure you it will empty your wallet, your wife's wallet, etc. And I highly recommend it.

I have gotten it out of my system, however. And now that the 911 is gone, all I could take to the track would be my 2020 M5. My son is dying to. He did one of the above weekends with me, first time for him. He was addicted from the get-go. I'll take a pass.
I am full aware of that expensive addiction. My Evo is no cheaper lol

c06c7019f118086702a50c8299bd0aa6.jpg
f7cc6a17c0af342308ff7b3b70e07241.jpg

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I really like these more for the look than anything else though I’m sure they are high quality.

https://svcoffroad.com/collections/...s/gen-2-ford-raptor-billet-upper-control-arms

question is, do you need other parts of theirs for these to work/fit properly?

it’s amazing how expensive their stuff is.

Okay, You mention that you like the look of them and everyone has given a pretty good explanation that they are definitely more for a lifted/offroad truck.

If you are just interested in the looks of the upper control arm, you can take it off and have it taken apart and Powder Coated any color of your choice. The reason for them having them disassembled is due to the powder coating needing to be baked on, and it will pretty much give you a maintenance free finish that road salt should not bother like other materials would suffer as mentioned by fellow members who really use them. Wax them or spray them down with WD40 once in a while and you should be good to go