I just found out I got the shaft: My order went up in price retroactive to my build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cmstric

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update:

Yes, I was issued a VIN. However, at no point during the process when I placed my order on January 8th was it explained to me that this is a stock order and not a retail order, or even that there was a distinction between the two, and what the implications of that were.

For those of you referencing my comment on an 'unjustified price increase', let me be more clear:
Ford already increased the price of the Raptor once going into 2022. Ford usually implements another mid year price increase, but not to this extent. They rarely if ever do so in Feb, at least according to one of their sales managers I spoke with at another dealership.
In addition, my comment was based on the fact that they're literally taking away features on the truck and still justifying a massive price increase ........and some of you think this is perfectly ok all in the name of inflation.
Maybe instead, some of it has to do with union labor and the inability to get their damn trucks built according to any kind of deadline.

I took my issue to ford customer service and it was fruitless.......no email for ford corporate......no number to discuss this issue with anyone higher up.......nothing except an address in Dearborn Michigan to write a letter to and a number for their marketing dept.
So that's what I'm doing.......fwiw.
I've called my dealership 4-5 times and left two messages with the GM to call me back to address this issue. No return call yet.

I emailed my sales guy today, who insisted this is not their fault and that this is Ford's doing. I responded simply that it was on the dealership to let me know back in January that this order was not price protected and that I didn't have a retail order, and that I'm not paying the extra $3300. Mind you, I gave up a 37 package that apparently is price protected so another forum member could have it, thinking I'll get the 35 package and all is well.

For those of you here who seem to think that this stupidity of ADM's and people paying stupid prices for vehicles will continue, I guess we shall see. I frankly don't think it will and that this time next year will look very different.

Regardless of supply chain issues, auto lending is tightening up.......it started two weeks ago. A friend in finance who purchases the 'paper loans' after customers get the loans and buy the cars has noticed a sharp change and is predicting a major correction coming soon. Even if it's not a major correction, there will be something significant.
In 1-2 years, many people will be upside down on these loans.
Between a change in lending, coupled with a probable marked increase in the price of gas, I don't see a laundry list of people who will be lined up to purchase Raptors , TRX's, or anything else getting 10-15 mpg by year's end, but again, who knows.

All I know is that this experience with Ford has been horrible -- from the dealership to the subsequent attempts to actually contact anyone at Ford to help remedy this.
I read window stickers have to reflect current pricing not “the locked in original price” in case you don’t take it they can sell it on the lot etc. makes sense.

I think the dealer just handles it when you close on it typically.

FloridaRaptor4me

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read window stickers have to reflect current pricing not “the locked in original price” in case you don’t take it they can sell it on the lot etc. makes sense.

I think the dealer just handles it when you close on it typically.
I hope you are right. My MSRP is 82,190 up from 79405

OP
OP
B

bruin1md

Reaction score

Sand dunes

Reaction score
I received a window sticker back in Jan. then was updated to subtract for blue cruise.Then the window sticker disappeared for about a month. It just popped back up with the original Oct. 2021 order price. It does have the $880. increase in the price and doesn't have the $3300. price increase .This was a retail order. Truck has been built since Feb 10th

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am having the same issues as OP and mine was listed as a retail order that I took over but made some changes to. GM says he will not honor the price protection. I have sent an email to all of the names that were listed.

MyLord

Reaction score
Contacted my salesman and he confirmed I’m price protected. Ordered Nov 2021. Still unscheduled clean status

gkrane

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Some of these GM's think people are really stupid. I got a really good interest rate through my credit union and after the dealer not honoring the price protection, he has the stones to sends the sales guy (who I really like) out to ask me this nonsense. Has him tell me outside financing deals are hard to do right now!!! LOL.

Attachments

• text.jpg
    text.jpg
    114.1 KB · Views: 32

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Some of these GM's think people are really stupid. I got a really good interest rate through my credit union and after the dealer not honoring the price protection, he has the stones to sends the sales guy (who I really like) out to ask me this nonsense. Has him tell me outside financing deals are hard to do right now!!! LOL.
Tell them sure…if they can beat it. If not, pound sand.