I hate the exhaust...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allbizns

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure Kooks is currently working on a system. But I agree with the statements above they have tried for 6 years to make the ecoboost sound different. The only way you will make it sound any different is to change the cylinder timing events which will make it sound more European but it will always still sound like a turbo v6. You either like the sound or you don't. Like stated above you might not like it now but when the mods start rolling out for this set up and people start making serious power you might reconsider the noise. Remember this is the same block and heads that just powered the Ford 24hr cars to a victory at Daytona and make north of 850hp so with deep pockets the possibilities are endless.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

kdub405

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Possibilities are always endless with deep pockets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TXCobra

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I am not too hopeful either. Didn't love the sound of the AFE in the clips...Holding out a tiny bit of hope that the Magnaflow will be better....but it's doubtful I'm afraid.

Magnaflow

OP
OP
sniperm

sniperm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know that Magnapack would fit?

If a full system doesn't do much..I would rather have something cheap put on..

pjones

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exhaust sounds are pretty subjective, the Borla sounds pretty good to me but if they are building a system for the Raptor, it probably won't sound like the ones in the video due to the dual exhaust design difference. I had a Borla system on my STI and I really liked it. It was based on their Hush mufflers so it was quiet at low RPM and a nice deep tone at higher RPMs.

I've had a few 6 cylinder vehicles (Cummins diesel I6, bi turbo V6 Audi, narrow V6 VW, supercharged V6 AMG, twin turbo air cooled flat6 Porsche, and a few others) and I don't understand why some people think it's not possible to make them sound good. Each of the 6 cylinder vehicles above were modified except for the VW, and each one to me sounds very good. My favorite by far is the flat 6, sounds way better than my Chevy v8s (both FI and NA).

Can't wait for my Raptor to arrive.