I guess my Raptor is the new family hauler.....was told we are taking it to her moms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
106k on the Gen 1 family machine. It’s the only vehicle anyone wants to ride in. Cab corner is starting to bubble with rust though.

Anyone tried replacing rockers with aluminum ones, or swapping a whole Gen 1 cab from an aluminum body F150?

I don't believe there are aluminum bodys for Raptor Gen 1s.... And good luck mating aluminum rockers to the steel body...?

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't believe there are aluminum bodys for Raptor Gen 1s.... And good luck mating aluminum rockers to the steel body...?

That’s what I figured. Just makes me cry knowing that it’s just going to keep eating away.

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I mean, a serious body shop can cut a section out and weld in a new steel one? POR15 coat it and stop the rust?

That’s in the works right now. I was wondering if you could take an aluminum F150 cab and drop it on top though.

Love the Gen1, just don’t want to deal with the rusting rockers over and over!

Smokyray

Full Access Member
Reaction score
we have 4 cars in this household all newer then 2015. Wife, 2 kids, and dog all want to take the Raptor any time we go anyplace.

Even over our Explorer Sport.

So 5 hour drive after work tonight......in the Raptor with 4 adults and a dog. Yay me!!
Dude, welcome to my world! Espoza Loco's 17' Cayenne has gotten so little use we sold it. I asked her what she wanted to replace it with and of course she said, "you can keep your old Tacoma, I'll drive the Raptor".

So, back to my old truck, again! :)

bigsakius

Reaction score
Lol my Raptor was a the same, apparently the SRT Jeep is not good anymore for a family mobile. I told her lets just sell the Jeep and get her a GTR lol

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s in the works right now. I was wondering if you could take an aluminum F150 cab and drop it on top though.

Love the Gen1, just don’t want to deal with the rusting rockers over and over!

Woolwax is your friend.

Aluminum cab corners on a steel truck would cause galvanic corrosion. Nature of the beast I’m afraid.