I guess my Raptor is the new family hauler.....was told we are taking it to her moms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaper308

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last Thanksgiving, Richardson, TX to Outside Orlando, FL the wife, both our girls and our 80# Black Lab all three voted to take the Raptor instead of the wife’s brand new Buick Enclave! The truck just works! I couldn’t argue plus I like driving it better than anything else we have! Enjoy the time with the family,(and the truck)! Admit it you would rather drive it as well!

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Opposite in my household, my wife prefers to drive her Q8 for road trips. I pretty much only use the truck to do truck things

Christyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
lol...so...funny thing.......

I was setting tire pressures before leaving, and the right front valve stem became stuck open. I had to scramble and put the spare on.

Me being me, i did a much needed tire rotation. Family was pissed we were delayed an extra hour instead of a 10 min spare change.

Does anyone know if ford will replace a TPMS valve stem under warranty?

Do you not have a valve stem tool to just un-screw it and re-screw it?

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Opposite in my household, my wife prefers to drive her Q8 for road trips. I pretty much only use the truck to do truck things

I bought my wife a Q8 when they first came out. I got my Raptor 6 months later. The Q8 has barely moved since I got back into a raptor. It’s just a more comfortable ride.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought my wife a Q8 when they first came out. I got my Raptor 6 months later. The Q8 has barely moved since I got back into a raptor. It’s just a more comfortable ride.
I like the extra room and the voice command is better in the Raptor but that’s about it. I really do enjoy the suspension and the power delivery ( since getting the weistec tune) turn pikes and canyon drives are for sure more fun.

I live in California and have a home in gold beach Oregon so that drive up hwy 1 is more enjoyable in the Q8 but once in Oregon it is more enjoyable to be in the Raptor. I love both vehicles to be honest

MFNG

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cars and trucks are meant to be driven.

106k on the Gen 1 family machine. It’s the only vehicle anyone wants to ride in. Cab corner is starting to bubble with rust though.

Anyone tried replacing rockers with aluminum ones, or swapping a whole Gen 1 cab from an aluminum body F150?