I guess my Raptor is the new family hauler.....was told we are taking it to her moms

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

df4801

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Speaking of baby..... :D It's your family, enjoy the drive. It's a freaking truck. My wife has a 2013 LX570 owned since new and I told her I wanted to take the Raptor to Red River, NM, about an 8 hour drive. The Raptor is an awesome road trip vehicle.

my wife has the LX570 also. It’s a no brainer in my household. We all would rather drive in the Raptor.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Kinda knew that going in... its a great vehicle for trips. Wife figured it out before first trip. It's our go to now. Granted, kids are grow and out of the house. Back seat folded up is for our "little girl" (120lb Cane Corso).

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
lol...so...funny thing.......

I was setting tire pressures before leaving, and the right front valve stem became stuck open. I had to scramble and put the spare on.

Me being me, i did a much needed tire rotation. Family was pissed we were delayed an extra hour instead of a 10 min spare change.

Does anyone know if ford will replace a TPMS valve stem under warranty?

tical

Reaction score
One of the main reason i got a truck was to haul the fam (especially fishing trips) and moving shit. I have a little guy and a big guy that's freshman in college. Moving the college kid's crap between breaks and end of year makes the drive/move easier for everyone. The only rule i have for the truck is no eating whatsoever inside the truck.

tomcruise

Reaction score
Why buy a vehicle if you don't want to drive it anywhere? That's like getting a supermodel for a wife/GF and never having sex with her. I drive mine everywhere I can, mileage be damned!

I couldn't stand to put my 100 mile a day commute on my Raptor, I have a TDI Passat that gets that abuse.

OP
OP
goblues38

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I couldn't stand to put my 100 mile a day commute on my Raptor, I have a TDI Passat that gets that abuse.

And thats why I have a GTI.....commuter car to take the abuse so I can have a nice raptor for 10+ years.