I Give Up. Time to replace engine!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

puffer45888

Reaction score
Hello All,
Ill keep this short. 12/2019, filled up truck from empty, got home and started running very strange and rough. Had it towed to my mechanic, he found it was filled with half gas and half diesel! Flushed everything, still not right. Took to engine rebuilder and he found cylinder walls were scorched and he said something about a hydrolock. Insurance gave him 8000.00 for him to rebuild with short block, and 2 years later money is gone and truck and engine still not fixed. He pretty much took the money and didn't fix anything. So in the end I'm going to just replace the whole engine and handle the insurance fraud situation at a later date.
Any recommendations in the SoCal area on a good reputable Ford dealership that you would trust to do the job? I'm just tired of the game. Thanks for any help in advance.

Shaggy

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Hello All,
Ill keep this short. 12/2019, filled up truck from empty, got home and started running very strange and rough. Had it towed to my mechanic, he found it was filled with half gas and half diesel! Flushed everything, still not right. Took to engine rebuilder and he found cylinder walls were scorched and he said something about a hydrolock. Insurance gave him 8000.00 for him to rebuild with short block, and 2 years later money is gone and truck and engine still not fixed. He pretty much took the money and didn't fix anything. So in the end I'm going to just replace the whole engine and handle the insurance fraud situation at a later date.
Any recommendations in the SoCal area on a good reputable Ford dealership that you would trust to do the job? I'm just tired of the game. Thanks for any help in advance.

Wow, did your insurance go after the guy? That sucks.

Yeah, new engine would be the best bet but finding the right guys to put it in will be the tougher part.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sorry that happened to you, not sure if you can even get a new engine at this point. There's a couple members on here looking for one as well. When you do get around to phoning a dealer and if they say they can get you a motor, make sure it's legit as some wholesalers have been marketing the engine but then it's not really available. Hope you can get one soon.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
..what?

Hell of a way to get a new engine my man. I am also in the middle of a law suit. Feel your pain.