I finally got my BAK MX-4 on my truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have to deal with the tailgate gaps to come close to being water tight, and the mx4 needs to be parked pointed downhill or the draintracks overflow at the tailgate, it is a good cover though

OP
OP
Oldfart

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
None of the covers on the market claim to be waterproof, but in my experience, the MX4 seals better than most other covers on the market.

I thought you guaranteed me that the MX4 was waterproof and that once it was installed I could use my truck like the boat in the Flex-Seal commercial??! Sounds like false advertising!

you have to deal with the tailgate gaps to come close to being water tight, and the mx4 needs to be parked pointed downhill or the draintracks overflow at the tailgate, it is a good cover though

What happens when they do that? Doesn't it just run out at the bottom of the tailgate?

Last edited:

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no it sort of dribbles in the bed, (ooops!)
I’ve tried damming and diverting but the gutters will overflow
if they don’t slope to the cab drains

REMIX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I get a little bit of seepage at the cab end, usually it's only a light layer of moisture coating the front part of the bed. We get some torrential rains in Florida. I've noticed it at the tailgate as well but I expected that from reading the forums here. See pics.

IMG_5816.jpg IMG_5815.jpg

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can reseal the front corners of the mx4 or it might be the aforementioned gaps at bedside to bedfloor