I finally did it. Jumped the Ranger.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
thanks! im going to try just one more time today. just gonna say **** it and go all out and hope for the best.

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
I totally could have won right?

heres ze video. make it full screen.

YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.

i hit it at about 50 MPH. im going to go back and think about hitting it as 65-75 MPH one day.

ive now got the jumping fever. i'll be trying to jump anything with a motor and wheels now.

please don't. you will kill yourself lol. when you're coil spring snaps at 70 it's not pretty.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I'll advise caution, working your speed up is the best way to go about it. You don't want to go balls out and then G-out on the approach and have the truck do something crazy while hauling ass.

Other than that, go big man!

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
i aint got coils, torsion bars on that beast lmao.

still feels pretty smooth at those speeds landing, so im just gonna go for it. if something breaks, well, ill have to get a ride to work tomorrow lmao

---------- Post added at 04:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:42 PM ----------

I'll advise caution, working your speed up is the best way to go about it. You don't want to go balls out and then G-out on the approach and have the truck do something crazy while hauling ass.

Other than that, go big man!

i figure if i hit about 70 mph before the dip, let off the gas and right when i hit the bottom punch it, i can get to 80 mph by the time the tires leave the ground, since the approach up is cement, i wont get loose.

---------- Post added at 04:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

i figure if this guy made it out unscathed, i should be fine.

LAS VEGAS Ford ranger prerunner jump. Pretty sick for stock - YouTube

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
I have a feeling that could have been bad if he'd hit it any harder, the ramp was short enough it kicked his back end up pretty nicely.

They'll take a lot of abuse, I do agree with that. I jumped the ever loving shit out of my old 89 Mazda B-2600 and it never broke. I drove it much the same way I drive my Raptor now.

BigJ

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sweet!

But call it good there. No more speed please. I don't like the looks of how that thing is landing...

Just looking out for ya 6.2. You done good! But lets not overplay your hand, eh?

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
Yeah 70 is the limit. Just watched playback. I'm callin it good.

Till I get a roll cage.

Aaron

Meme Corps Commandant
Reaction score
Good call! looking forward to pics and video from this attempt.

OP
OP

Banned
Reaction score
heres a quick one. dont know if you're still awake or not.

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-26%20at%205.35.00%20PM.png