I do not "feel" the speed in my Raptor?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DFS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You ever heard about German autobahns?

Is the Raptor made for the autobahn? Are we talking about driving performance German cars or Ford Raptors? Are US roads banked and maintained properly for high speed travel? Is the average American even capable of safe driving at 65 mph? Next time I'm driving down a pothole infested two lane highway passing a car at 100mph I'll check and see if it's the autobahn.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is the Raptor made for the autobahn? Are we talking about driving performance German cars or Ford Raptors? Are US roads banked and maintained properly for high speed travel? Is the average American even capable of safe driving at 65 mph? Next time I'm driving down a pothole infested two lane highway passing a car at 100mph I'll check and see if it's the autobahn.

bahahahhahahahahhhahaha

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Damn... I need a drink. I didn't know this forum was filled with so many mother-in-laws.

The guy started this by saying that he didn't realize that he was going that fast (therefore unintentional), being marveled by it and having his wife verify it. The verification probably took about 10 seconds max. The critics need to get off of their soapboxes and put away the high-and-mighty scathing of the guy.

I pass rigs driving on the 1 in baja all the time. I will be doing it again on Friday. There is one particular stretch that is straight with great visibility where occasionally I need to hit 100 to quickly get past a rig. BTW, that is a safer move than doing it at 80. The truck feels great at that speed. I am surprised that I am actually going that fast when making the pass.

Cut the guy some slack. A few here were stright-up AHOLES, with the name calling. Or should I say, "Alpha, Hotel, Oscar, Lima, Echo, Sierra's"...

I also love the comment where one person said that the original poster was one of the guys who gets him out of tickets by having an intellectual conversation with L.E., comparing the safety of his driving at high speeds compared to a semi doing the same speed. Right... I bet that got you out of a LOT of tickets. You must live by some seriously submissive cops.

To each their own, and I am not trying to start a pissing match. I just thought the guy didn't deserve to be ridiculed and name-called.

yeah that happened on more than one occasion in my Vette

I’ve also been given a speeding ticket more or less solely for the reason of riding a sport bike....so it goes both ways

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What’s up with your reading comprehension? The post you quoted was a direct question about why I was so afraid of speed in this truck.

Sorry then mate. Apologize for my reading comprehension then!

OP
OP
Kurator

Kurator

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I only said about autobahn to demonstrate that speed itself does not kill. Only stupid, retarded drivers.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I only said about autobahn to demonstrate that speed itself does not kill. Only stupid, retarded drivers.
Don't forget, even professional drivers die as well, driving, accidents happen beyond your control sometimes. Even the best reflexes can't avoid a semi tire rolling down the street, picture that, but at 120 mph and at 60 mph, which is easier to avoid? Just saying, speed is a factor.

FDHog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not here to change your views, only to state my own, if you want to live in the past and act like people did 50 years ago, you have every right to. Do you still where your disco shoes and brush your chest hair through your glitter disco shirt? I don't, I live in the present and hopefully the future, where speed kills and speed limits have not increased with more electric vehicles on the road. Just ask @911 Crazy , he still drives his prius below the speed limit.

I hated Disco!

f0e0d74a3e3e1ed4defc13084d90c4c6.jpg

Tr4ckD4ys

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Best thread in a long time... brilliant entertainment, well delivered, great actors... :popcorn:

Also, having learned to drive on the German autobahn and spent most of my "drivers" career on and around the Nurburgring, I would definitely not even consider driving this truck at 100 mph... and thats not to say I don't like driving fast (hit 190+mph on the green hell several times) but US highways don't feel safe even at 80mph. Not just from a size, safety installations & maintenance perspective, but also just people don't give a single crap about real or perceived rules of driving. Folks pass you left and right, big rigs all the way on the left lane, really a whole bunch of folks thinking they are the chosen one. If you ever have driven on the German highway, you would know you have to drive for a real long time to i.e. ever see being passed on the right side. People just don't do it. They respect the speed and know the risk. They know there's an ever so small probability of accidents that only get worse with every additional km/h. What happens if you go 125mph and start passing folks on the right who don't expect you to be there? I've passed several of those situations on the autobahn, and there are no survivors. No matter if you drive a super safe G-Class or a Model X.

EDIT: i looked up the mph to kmh conversion and figured my 1.6 was too aggressive. it's more like 180mph that i've hit several times

EDIT 2: But then again, Raptor drivers are such badass dudes, they don't have to worry about any of this, right? They feel above the law, drive above the law and think they're hot shit for doing it.

Last edited:

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
EDIT 2: But then again, Raptor drivers are such badass dudes, they don't have to worry about any of this, right? They feel above the law, drive above the law and think they're hot shit for doing it.

We know we’re badass dudes. The most badass-est of all the dudes. And when John Podesta asked us if we were hot shit, he knew he was asking a rhetorical question.

Besides, haven’t you ever wanted to go 100+ on a tall, soft, wide, all terrain tire? That’s the stuff that gets me hard.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Comments from guys that never owned a truck before:

The Raptor has shit brakes, shit tires, is slow, and has too much body roll
(my personal favorite).

Comments from guys that have only owned trucks and no German sports cars:

****, it's a truck.