I Can See at Night Now (BD S2 Reverse Kit)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Love my S2s, I’ve had them for well over a year but have had some isolated issues with them not coming on while in reverse. They will work when aux 6 is on though. I used the supplied wire harness. The ground is solid and I’ve had the tail light connector apart twice now. Can’t troubleshoot with certainty what the problem is, only happens very intermittently.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Love my S2s, I’ve had them for well over a year but have had some isolated issues with them not coming on while in reverse. They will work when aux 6 is on though. I used the supplied wire harness. The ground is solid and I’ve had the tail light connector apart twice now. Can’t troubleshoot with certainty what the problem is, only happens very intermittently.

I'd recommend strip part of the factory harness wire back a bit and THEN crimp on the rear upfitter harness. Those "vampire" style wire crimps don't usually make a great connection. It's always best to strip a bit of wire back first.

I had the same issue with my own kit. Had to strip a bit of wire back. I've not had an issue since

rayofsi

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good Gibson!

I've had mine on for about 2 years now and I've not had any issues at all. They look great.

We offer an optional harness that let's you control the lights from an upfitter (they'll also come on automatically when in reverse). It's a popular harness for folks who also use the S2 reverse kit as chase lights, and throw amber covers on them at events. We have diodes built in that prevent the upfitter from back-feeding your factory reverse lights, so if you use them as chase lights you're factory reverse lights are not on.

http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/
hi so i see that the kit taps into reverse lights to turn on with option for upfitter wiring?
i run a switch pros now. can i use the same upfitter kit into switch pros? and still tap into factor reverse?

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
hi so i see that the kit taps into reverse lights to turn on with option for upfitter wiring?
i run a switch pros now. can i use the same upfitter kit into switch pros? and still tap into factor reverse?

We have our own upfitter harness that can be used in conjunction with the S2 reverse kit. If you are using our harness then yes, yuo can use it to go into the switch-pros or direct into your upfitters. Our harness has a plug at the very end where you'd plug in the rear upfitter harness (the rear upfitter is basically the same as a regular upfitter, only shorter, and it's what you tap into the factory reverse wire)

Leprechaun

Reaction score
I installed the BD S2 Sports a few months ago - with the Uplifter Kit from 4x4TruckLEDs.com - and they work great. No issues from the tailpipes or anything else. They tuck in nicely and are a huge improvement over stock!

BD S2.jpg

DS S2 Both 12 20.jpg