GEN 2 hyperflash interior only...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mzman88

Reaction score
I've done some searching and haven't found a similar situation, but may not be searching the right terms. Just got a lightly used 2020 802a from a local dealer, the previous owner added BD fogs and looks like LED license plate bulbs. Everything else as far as I can tell is stock. But I can tell he's been in ForSCAN because the mirrors are setup for lincoln fold, seatbelt chime is disabled, door open chime disabled, etc.

What's driving me nuts is the blinkers hyperflash and make a fast clicking noise, but ONLY on the dashboard light. From the exterior all of the blinkers flash at the normal rate. Hazards blink normal rate both interior and exterior.

Before I take it to the dealer to have them check it under warranty. Is there a setting, modification or forscan change that would cause this? I'd like to resolve myself if possible but I'm coming up with nothing in my search.

Thanks!

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
If you push the turn signal bar, but not all the way, how many times does it flash? 3 is stock. That’s one and I --think-- DRL may be another that impacts the turn signal ‘module’(?)

The DRL mod is one that frequently causes follow up questions.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like the previous owner tapped into one or more factory circuits for the fog lights or other accessory. The Body Control Module (BCM) measures circuit output, so if it’s out of spec it will flash the turn signal indicators in the IPC fast. If you have ForScan, start by pulling codes and checking for aftermarket wiring at the BCM (behind passenger side kick panel).

smurfslayer

Reaction score
I forgot all about BCM and codes, even after doing it to myself once. Good suggestion.

OP
OP
M

mzman88

Reaction score
Thank you both. Great suggestions, as far as I can tell all of the fog wiring was done through the upfitter switches. But I'll check the BCM behind passenger kickpanel and pull codes with forscan here in a few minutes.

I did just go out and count a half push of the turn stalk gives me 5 flashes exterior.

smurfslayer

Reaction score
Thank you both. Great suggestions, as far as I can tell all of the fog wiring was done through the upfitter switches. But I'll check the BCM behind passenger kickpanel and pull codes with forscan here in a few minutes.

I did just go out and count a half push of the turn stalk gives me 5 flashes exterior.

that’s definitely been altered then. I’m not 100% sure; check in the driver menu within the truck. I don’t think that’s an option on ’17 trucks but I know you can set that number to a non default via FORSCAN.

3 is the 2017 default. again, this is in the FORSCAN data sheet online.

OP
OP
M

mzman88

Reaction score
Ok, checked the panel and DTCs. Not sure what the private network is all about, but pretty sure the active shutters aren't related. Will have to look in to that next.20220302_163254.jpg

DTC.JPGDTC2.JPG