Help SupportFord Raptor Forum by donating:

Help support Ford Raptor Forum :

HYBRID Method NV and DS Wheels

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Wheels & Tires Forum [GEN 1]' started by MotuMute, Apr 30, 2013.

Texas Motorworx
  1. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

You are off your rocker. Read this entire thread and you will quickly realize that the beadlock bolts on method Standard, DS and NVs are comestic only. Hell you can use plastic/nylon bolts if you wanted.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2013
  2. vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla FRF Addict

Used the tirerack.com link to order mine...$106.51 shipped to my house.

**What do you know, the search button worked for me on this topic**

3. vince7870

vince7870 Full Access Member

exactly! waste of time and money and possible fingers to grind down bolts plastic or metal. were driving 50k+ machines and you guys are scrambling about some bolt costs. cmon…you guys are better than that!

4. naptown

naptown Full Access Member

Finally got my s.s bolts from RPG. Love the look. I didn't like the brass look at all. Looks so much better

Attached Files:

RaptorRaider, TurboEd and FullAuto like this.
  5. Reptar

Reptar FRF Addict

I got a 2nd set of bolts from another member. I sent them to the powdercoater to get powdercoated blue to match the shock tops. I have Vince's CNC center caps with the SVT logo, which are also getting powdercoated blue, with the SVT engraved in silver, so they should match the shock tops exactly. A little bit of contrast on the all black NVs.

Once those are powdercoated I plan to take my current set and have them powdercoated black. Then when I get bored of the blue bolts in the ring, I can put black bolts in the ring, and I was going to paint the ring sterling gray to match the fender flares and give it the look of the special edition OEM beadlock wheels.

I tried ordering from McMaster, don't waste your money guys. I got the shorted SS bolts they had and the thickest SS washers, and they're garbage looking SS, not a nice SS finish at all. Wasted probably $30 on that.

They also had blue high visibility bolts and washers, I thought perfect, high visibility blue coating?! Exactly what I wanted! WRONG! They were barely washed in a blue coating, totally inconsistent, nowhere near high visibility color, another $30 wasted on that.

SO between the crap finish mcmaster SS bolts/washers, and the crap finish mcmaster blue bolts/washers, I'm out $60 already and still stuck with stock bolts lol. That $100 for a set of SS bolts from method all to length and nice finish isn't a bad price at all!

6. MotuMute

MotuMute FRF Addict

SwampKing's slick new look

[​IMG]

7. MotuMute

MotuMute FRF Addict

Skyl3r's Method Mesh wheels with powder-coated hardware

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nordic Man likes this.
  8. NorCalRaptor

NorCalRaptor Full Access Member

Painted Bumper and fenders

Your truck looks awesome. If you do not mind, could your describe the paint that you used on you bumper and fender flares? How does it show hold up with off-roading rocks and chips.

Thanks
    Dan

9. oxfordraptor

oxfordraptor FRF Addict

Hey Vanilla were these black or stainless bolts you got? I tried the link but it must be different now.

10. vanilla_gorilla

vanilla_gorilla FRF Addict

I got the stainless, black wasn't an option.