HYBRID Method NV and DS Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Everything is perfect on the bolts, except they are too long! Maybe I'll fill the extra space with an extra washer?

I wonder where Method sources their bolts?

If I put 3 washers on the stainless bolt the thread length is almost identical to the original set up of the brass colored bolt and washer; this causes the stainless bolt to not seat flush with the rim as the brass colored bolts fit when screwed in all the way.

Deciding on whether I like the look of the bolt sticking out a couple of millimeters.

Motomute,

Are your stainless bolts flush on your wheels?

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Been researching this for 2 days and spoke to 2 different metric bolt manufacturers and they told me I will not be able to find any hex bolts shorter than 10mm. They told me no one needs them in smaller sizes and that the tooling to make short bolts are very expensive.

I did however find black nylon bolts. I may just go with these as they don't rust and that they would be lighter.

And good luck grinding down 80 bolts. :)

The shortest Fastenal has is 10mm. Looks like I'm grinding them down.

Last edited:
OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Motomute,

Are your stainless bolts flush on your wheels?

It figures this would turn out to be a pain in the ass. Mine are flush on the rim.

yny6avyp.jpg

Wish I knew where Method gets their one piece stainless hardware - they definitely look like a specialty item.

esypame3.jpg

6evanadu.jpg

adyda8u3.jpg

dugu7yba.jpg

Last edited:

BIRDMAN

Birdministrator
Reaction score
Been researching this for 2 days and spoke to 2 different metric bolt manufacturers and they told me I will not be able to find any hex bolts shorter than 10mm. They told no one needs them in smaller sizes and that the tooling to make short bolts are very expensive.

I did however find black nylon bolts. I may just go with these as they don't rust and that they would be lighter.

And good luck grinding down 80 bolts. :)

Well, where did you find the black nylon bolts....do tell.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The price is right if you wanna go black! $14 for 100. Washers are cheap - find some black ones or paint them. Do they make a loctite version for nylon? You don't want them glued in too tight - will break off when you remove later.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 154