HYBRID Method NV and DS Wheels

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a set of NVs from Brandon at the TRR and we talked about changing out the bolts. I am interested in the stainless bolts as well.

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
An easy way to size bolts is to take one into a hardware store, find the nut that fits it correctly, then you know which machine bolt you are looking for and can use the nut to double check your work.

---------- Post added at 05:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:57 PM ----------

I've been wanting to swap out my brass bolts for black bolts but havent came across any.

I have seen some very nicely done in black. When I asked, the guy said he removed, primered, and painted them black with a number of coats, and let them dry thoroughly. Then he carefully reinstalled and snugged them up using loctite so he would not over-tighten and damage the painted finish.

Last edited:

CrownOffroad

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have seen some very nicely done in black. When I asked, the guy said he removed, primered, and painted them black with a number of coats, and let them dry thoroughly. Then he carefully reinstalled and snugged them up using loctite so he would not over-tighten and damage the painted finish.

I was thinking the same thing, but white to match the truck versus black. Thanks for the info Moto and damn your truck is looking good!

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with Home Depot and Lowes and could not find the correct length bolt. I was able to find some HHCS Metric C A2-SS M8-1.25X10 from The Nut Place. The threads on the bolts holding the rim on the wheel are about 6.5mm, so these might not work. I'll check tonight and update the thread.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They look great!

Please let me know if you would be willing to sell me all your take-off brass bolts as mine are all a beautiful shade of rust. :perkinswhatever:

OP
OP
MotuMute

MotuMute

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, like Bird said - hearing it from a number of people that the Method brass bolts are crapping out. Two or three mentioned it at TRR - you were one of them if I remember right. From road salt? SnoBall Run? You might be better off to do like these guys and match them in a cheap stainless version that will hold up to the elements.

Anyways, I screwed up and paid way too much for Method's stainless bolts, so I'm planning to keep the brass ones to put them back on the NV's if I ever decide to sell them.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Below is the pic of the bolt and it's tiny. With the washer I bet it grabs maybe just 3 threads. BTW, the i used a 13mm socket to remove mine. Using my tap&die set, I measured the bolt thread pitch >> 8mmx1.25.

nv_bolt.jpg

Last edited:

XTRUCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I checked with Home Depot and Lowes and could not find the correct length bolt. I was able to find some HHCS Metric C A2-SS M8-1.25X10 from The Nut Place. The threads on the bolts holding the rim on the wheel are about 6.5mm, so these might not work. I'll check tonight and update the thread.

Everything is perfect on the bolts, except they are too long! Maybe I'll fill the extra space with an extra washer?

I wonder where Method sources their bolts?