HVAC not so powerful? And other complaints

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MrLiou168

Reaction score
Similar issue here but not as bad. I just drove from Denver to SoCal and in 40-55 degree weather and the HVAC just seemed TOO warm. I leave my t-stat at 68-70 in my Gen 2 all year round, but had to decrease the setting to 62-64 just to be comfortable in the Gen 3. A/C off, BTW...

Idaho Savage

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've noticed this as well. This winter, when it was single digits or low teens, it was noticeably cold in the driver seat, no matter what I did. This wasn't the case with my 2017 SuperDuty.

Cotaco

Reaction score
My AC is the issue. If i set the temp to 66 and up the fan speed to max it still blows warm air. ESPECIALLY if its freezing outside. If i set it to 66 with the AUTO button pressed it works fine.. until it gets cold again outside.

Max cold/max AC puts out very cold air so i know the compressor isnt the issue

Tampaukfan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AC sucks in my 2022... My 2022 F250 Tremor would make you shiver and the fan motor was way stronger.

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you have air coming out the footwells and the dash, the strength of the air coming out the dash is kind of weak?

I’ve noticed that with both on the footwell vents blow a good deal stronger than the dash vents. I wish there was a way to do 50% closed on the floor vents and 100% open on the dash vents. Kind of like how Jeep’s do their mode switching (half steps between each of the modes).

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I think mine has a sticky heater valve allowing coolant to still flow a bit thru the heating core. I have to run about 65 deg set point to get it to cool the air. At a 63 set point, it gets real cold air. It works, but something is wacko and I dont really want part replacers creating rattles and leaks.

OP
OP
A

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else noticed that when you have air coming out the footwells and the dash, the strength of the air coming out the dash is kind of weak?

I’ve noticed that with both on the footwell vents blow a good deal stronger than the dash vents. I wish there was a way to do 50% closed on the floor vents and 100% open on the dash vents. Kind of like how Jeep’s do their mode switching (half steps between each of the modes).
Yes. The fan just doesn't blow that hard, or there is some issue with the balance. Disappointing. As I mentioned in my original post - my left dash vent is also weaker than the center ones, which is kind of annoying. If I have my hands on the steering wheel - my right hand gets colder than my left hand.

OP
OP
A

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My AC is the issue. If i set the temp to 66 and up the fan speed to max it still blows warm air. ESPECIALLY if its freezing outside. If i set it to 66 with the AUTO button pressed it works fine.. until it gets cold again outside.

Max cold/max AC puts out very cold air so i know the compressor isnt the issue
Yeah, I have noticed that it will not activate the A/C if it is not hot outside. If the outside air is 65F or so - it won't really cool down the interior of the truck that well.

If the outside air is 80F or above, something like that, the A/C works fine and is super cold.

Cotaco

Reaction score
Yeah, I have noticed that it will not activate the A/C if it is not hot outside. If the outside air is 65F or so - it won't really cool down the interior of the truck that well.

If the outside air is 80F or above, something like that, the A/C works fine and is super cold.
Kind of screws me up high in the mountains.. It's frequently below freezing outside but because of the sun the interior is cooking and i want it set at 67-68

I guess this really is just a desert truck not a mountain truck :33: