HVAC fan weak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SurfRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure there is a floor vent under the seat that points to the back area. Maybe in order to help cool passengers in the rear the floor vent needs to be on too? I can check tomorrow but I seem to remember seeing this.

The AC in my Gen 3 is so bad I decided to window tint the entire truck to help block the heat out. The panoramic roof let’s in way too much heat. I think this could really help not overwhelm the AC. I can report back as the appointment is Tuesday and things are heating up here in so cal.

spizike9

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the HVAC in this truck really isn’t that good. I’ll set most of my cars at “75 Auto” and im generally comfortable. This truck has a hard time cooling down when it’s 107 out. Plus it seems like it’s either cold or hot. Nothing in between.

cscape

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, the HVAC in this truck really isn’t that good. I’ll set most of my cars at “75 Auto” and im generally comfortable. This truck has a hard time cooling down when it’s 107 out. Plus it seems like it’s either cold or hot. Nothing in between.
Take it in...mine had a diagnosed bad evap somewhere behind the dash.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I thought some early units had damper door issues. Also install a new filter, it does not take much restriction to decrease fan flow. Consider this, you are at negative atmospheric pressure at the fan.

Nick12345

Reaction score
Anyone else find that the max fan speed on the HVAC system is just not that powerful?

When I put the truck on max A/C - the air is pretty cold, but the velocity and volume is just not that high compared to other cars. It feels like the max fan setting is only 8/10 of what it should be. The airflow from the left and right side vents is also noticeably weaker than the center stack vents.

I also noticed today that if I crank the fan to max, and manually turn on the middle (dashboard) vents and the floor vents simultaneously, almost no air comes out of the dashboard vents. Like, less than even a gentle breeze. Can anyone else check this and see if their truck does the same thing?