HVAC fan weak?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anyone else find that the max fan speed on the HVAC system is just not that powerful?

When I put the truck on max A/C - the air is pretty cold, but the velocity and volume is just not that high compared to other cars. It feels like the max fan setting is only 8/10 of what it should be. The airflow from the left and right side vents is also noticeably weaker than the center stack vents.

I also noticed today that if I crank the fan to max, and manually turn on the middle (dashboard) vents and the floor vents simultaneously, almost no air comes out of the dashboard vents. Like, less than even a gentle breeze. Can anyone else check this and see if their truck does the same thing?

mobiia

Reaction score
Totally, my biggest issue with the vehicle. So much so I thought something was wrong and brought it in to the dealer... no issue. Just not great.

multirider

Reaction score
Glad to see I’m not the only one… I just got rid of my f350 limited for this dream raptor and it doesn’t even compare to the superduty in the hvac dept.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
My 2019 HVAC fan runs fairly well on high same as my 2014 did.

rickeyt

Reaction score
Yep its definitely on the softer side. I'm sure someone will come out with an after market mod given how soft it is.... If I didn't have the ac seats I would be pissed. I use the AC seat almost 24/7 given how soft the ac system is. I Definitely need to hurry up and tint my front windows and possibly windshield to help the AC.

jjws1968

Reaction score
Agreed. That fan is an issue. And I actually dont think it gets as cold as it should. I just experienced a total loss of fan speed and no cool air at all last weekend. Was going to take to dealer monday morning. Fired the truck uo and everything was working again. But again not nearly as cold as any other vehicle I have had before and fan speed kinda sucks.
Im actually finding all the tech kinda glitchy at times. Certain times certain things just dont work. I started shutting the truck off when something like that happens and turning it back on and the glitches are gone and whatever is working fine again. Think ford needs to send some software updates or something? Still love my 22 37’s though. It is a bad a$$ truck when everything is working.

derise

Reaction score
Same here. Idk what the reason for this is. I feel like the hvac duct is not connected but if all of you are having same issue then I’m not worrying about it.

DBR2022

Reaction score
Agreed. I have to point the left vent right at my face or arms to feel cool. Otherwise I feel the heat coming off the windshield right away.

The weak fan makes it hard to balance the air and make it “just comfortable everywhere” not cold air blasting on me.

New recaros

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That’s not the way it works. If you increase fan volume the temp of air will rise. There are only so many BTU’s available. There are other variables like compressor Hp and exchanger area. Its doubtful you will get increased cooling with more air flow. All you will get is more air that’s warmer resulting in the same amount of cooling.