Husky Wheel Well Liner Install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
SMIKE

SMIKE

Reaction score
The install looks nice here, but any concerns about the gap where I can see white paint on both sides? Seems to me that would be an ideal trap for salt & brine?

No more so than without the liner. Honestly not a big concern of mine in southern California. It won't rust but I guess it could oxidize if it ate through the paint eventually but doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If it's a concern Line-x coating might be a better solution for your needs.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No more so than without the liner. Honestly not a big concern of mine in southern California. It won't rust but I guess it could oxidize if it ate through the paint eventually but doesn't seem like a big deal to me. If it's a concern Line-x coating might be a better solution for your needs.
Overspray onto my ceramic coating and poor quality is a concern for me with the Line-X option.

Spooky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed these on my truck the other day. They worked with the Weathertech mud flaps, but had to cut out a small .5" hole to make space for the top nut and washer on the mud flap. It was a pain in the arsenal to get on after that, but I finally got everything lined up and tightened down.

Last edited:

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should have just spent a few more bucks and had them professionally line-x’d. Much cleaner and long lasting if u can find a guy that cares to do it. I could not be happier.
I disagree, the husky liners are very clean looking. They hide most of the holes and are much easier to keep looking clean. Good luck scrubbing dried mud off your spray in liners. Just my opinion!!

bohic57

Reaction score
Should have just spent a few more bucks and had them professionally line-x’d. Much cleaner and long lasting if u can find a guy that cares to do it. I could not be happier.
Looks awesome
I contacted a few line x places and they will only do under coating and not the actual line x product.

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Look great , I’m receiving mine from husky any day. Do you know if the front are available yet.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 367689

Next insert the fender liner into the wheel well. The cutout goes behind the shock. It will take a bit of massaging but goes in pretty easy.

After that you will want to slide the front/outer edge between the body and the stock plastic fender that you unbolted. Work your way around until it is completely inserted.

View attachment 367690

Then take the 10mm bolts provided and adjust the fender liner until the holes line up with the clips that you put on the body seams.

View attachment 367691
View attachment 367692
View attachment 367693
What is the purpose of the cutout that goes behind the shock and does it rub on the shock?

BURR

Reaction score
Why would you want something else for the front? Theirs already plastic liners their from Ford??