Husky Rear Wheel Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jh225

Reaction score
So anyone that installed these….do you need to remove the flair completely to install the husky liners on a Gen 3?

I installed the husky wheel liners on my Gen 2 and had to remove the fairs to get them in.
Flares do NOT need to be removed, just the 8 screws on the fender lip.

And a little tip for those having a bit of a hard time to get the liner between the flare and fender lip……… Get yourself a plastic body trim set (like $5 at HF). Use the flat tool and insert just above the bottom of the liner/lip. Then just run it up and around the wheelwell while lightly pushing the liner into place. Even a novice should be able to get the liner installed in a couple minutes.

These Husky liners fit and look great, just as every other set I have done before.

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had my wheel wells on my former Gen2 (leadfoot) LineXd. In less than a year it was flaking off.

On my Gen2 before that one (blue) I had the Husky liners. I think it was the first time they were making them for Gen2. They were a poor fit and covered up the top of the shock from view.

These look a lot nicer and better. My Gen3 is OW and I may just order these. I do recall them being a huge PIA to squeeze in though.

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
25 minutes…..easy job. They go right into place. No special tools needed. At least the “Almost Identical” Rugged Liners did.

maxr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed mine.

looks great. fit is very good. huge difference with white paint.

box showed up managled and UPS had to re-tape the top and bottom. Guards were fine and fortunately Husky securing packages the 4 bolts and j-clips.

Install notes - I needed to use my Baja heavy duty pry tools. For me it was easier to partially thread the bolts into the j-clips and then tuck in the guard. The Husky bolt holes were not perfectly aligned.

On the DS, #2 fender hole was blocked by the liner and I had to use a drill to get rid of the excess guard material so the fender flare fastner would be re-installed. The PS side was easier/faster.

no shine on my tires .. this truck sees forest service roads weekly

Attachments

• IMG_5628.jpeg
    IMG_5628.jpeg
    376.2 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5629.jpeg
    IMG_5629.jpeg
    358 KB · Views: 68

Wallybosch

Reaction score
I appreciate the info. My set of Husky wheel liners should be delivered today.
I do have a nice set of plastic body tools I got off Amazon so I’ll see if that helps. Thanks again
Flares do NOT need to be removed, just the 8 screws on the fender lip.

And a little tip for those having a bit of a hard time to get the liner between the flare and fender lip……… Get yourself a plastic body trim set (like $5 at HF). Use the flat tool and insert just above the bottom of the liner/lip. Then just run it up and around the wheelwell while lightly pushing the liner into place. Even a novice should be able to get the liner installed in a couple minutes.

These Husky liners fit and look great, just as every other set I have done before.

bzogster

Reaction score
Just installed my Husky liners. My rugged liners kept getting pushed out. Husky shipped next day. One tip is that the bottom fender screw at the rear needs a wrench to hold the back from spinning at a certain point when taking out and putting back on. At least both sides on mine had this issue.

I was able to use my hands to pry the fender enough to get the liner under it, a tool would have been nice.

One question I have, did anyone have to trim the area around the shock? I’m think I should but haven’t yet. See pics.

Attachments

• 4A9779B9-07C0-4BEE-8968-558C9207FDF9.jpeg
    4A9779B9-07C0-4BEE-8968-558C9207FDF9.jpeg
    196.1 KB · Views: 94
  • A5E485B3-ED78-4E34-ADC9-497D192572A1.jpeg
    A5E485B3-ED78-4E34-ADC9-497D192572A1.jpeg
    314.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 3E604A14-C425-458D-AE48-E05E6CB29D86.jpeg
    3E604A14-C425-458D-AE48-E05E6CB29D86.jpeg
    285.8 KB · Views: 95

Floyd554

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just installed my Husky liners. My rugged liners kept getting pushed out. Husky shipped next day. One tip is that the bottom fender screw at the rear needs a wrench to hold the back from spinning at a certain point when taking out and putting back on. At least both sides on mine had this issue.

I was able to use my hands to pry the fender enough to get the liner under it, a tool would have been nice.

One question I have, did anyone have to trim the area around the shock? I’m think I should but haven’t yet. See pics.
You put it on wrong. That is supposed to tuck behind the shock.

Also, I have the Rugged Liners….. I have no idea of how they could possibly get “pushed out”. Maybe another installer error?????

Attachments

• A217AE57-68D9-4A31-ABC4-5E2AE584C2CC.jpeg
    A217AE57-68D9-4A31-ABC4-5E2AE584C2CC.jpeg
    263.4 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Just did mine about 2 hrs ago. Very pleased with them. I didnt take the wheel off. That area by the shock should go behind it. It even says it in the instructions (yes i read them). Also, you dont need to remove the front or rear inner screw as the liner doesnt interfere with them. I have weathertech mudflaps installed already. I left the top screws in but loosened them because once the liner is in place, you cant access the nuts to reinstall the flaps. Took about 30 minutes total.

bzogster

Reaction score
You put it on wrong. That is supposed to tuck behind the shock.

Also, I have the Rugged Liners….. I have no idea of how they could possibly get “pushed out”. Maybe another installer error?????

Well crap, thank you. I think it is pushed out due to install issue with not putting that part behind the shock.

Just did mine about 2 hrs ago. Very pleased with them. I didnt take the wheel off. That area by the shock should go behind it. It even says it in the instructions (yes i read them). Also, you dont need to remove the front or rear inner screw as the liner doesnt interfere with them. I have weathertech mudflaps installed already. I left the top screws in but loosened them because once the liner is in place, you cant access the nuts to reinstall the flaps. Took about 30 minutes total.

Ha I missed that part on the instructions. Thanks!