Husky Rear Wheel Liner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
TX-RAP70R

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The run off will freeze and probably cause the garage door to freeze shut along with an ice rink on your driveway. Living up North is a B. I fought the cold for years and as soon as I was given the opportunity to leave I was up. I take a month of 100s over a month of below freezing temps anyway.
Over 100s?? We Texans know how that feels and you pretty much turn into a crispy beef jerky!

MDJAK

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What did you do when the line x was peeling off? Did you end up having to go there yearly to have it touched up? I thought their coating was supposed to work for life with minor maintenance? Or was it an installer problem? When you removed the huskys from your gen 2, what was the condition of the wheel well? Did it look like the salt and other chemicals got up in there?
It was a regular LineX shop so if they didn’t prep well, I wouldn’t know. It cost $200 at the time. I did nothing about it. I traded it in and they never noticed or said a word.

As for my Gen2 that had the liners, I also traded it in with the liners in place so never looked behind don’t fit tight and flush against the body from my memory so I think it would be easy to hose it out from an edge or use a pressure washer.

new raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got my husky liners in. I put them on today was easy but a tip for anyone else putting them in. I Took the screws off of the fender flares all the way like the instructions said but don’t do that just loosen them halfway and I’ll slide in. If you take them out on the way you can’t get the last two screws in.

Suthrn

Reaction score
Just installed my Husky’s. Couldn’t have taken more than 30 minutes and makes a big difference, to me.

Attachments

• FA790B29-A2F2-42C6-A36E-1024DCE6686B.jpeg
    FA790B29-A2F2-42C6-A36E-1024DCE6686B.jpeg
    315.7 KB · Views: 82
  • C8BF5B0A-541E-4ACB-86BA-6B52F7ED0FD5.jpeg
    C8BF5B0A-541E-4ACB-86BA-6B52F7ED0FD5.jpeg
    302 KB · Views: 82

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure how easy that will be when its 8 degrees outside haha. Both with home washing and with the liners being brittle with the cold. lol
put a really good wax on there cover it up and let it be until spring take it off clean and inspect reinstall and check in the fall before the winter if your'e extremely worried about it. I did that with my 18'. but only in the spring.

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
put a really good wax on there cover it up and let it be until spring take it off clean and inspect reinstall and check in the fall before the winter if your'e extremely worried about it. I did that with my 18'. but only in the spring.
I thought about this pretty long and hard, and decided to go with Line X on doing the fender wells. If I see degradation up there, then I'll probably put the liners up at a later time. Thanks!

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up spraying mine at the line-x shop with their undercoat ValuGard rustproofing product.

Attachments

• IMG_0997.jpg
    IMG_0997.jpg
    253.9 KB · Views: 41