Husky Liner wheel well installation.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SDR581

Reaction score
Hey all just got my husky liner for the rear wheels. Question is I'm kinda confused by the install instructions.

I haven't attempted installing yet but want to make sure I have a clear understanding b4 proceeding.

Isn't it supposed to go between the fender flare and fender lip? I don't have any of the pre drilled holes in the liner to put the screws back in.. am I supposed the just put the screws back and it'll tap the hole in the liner?

Or...does it just tuck behind the metal???

Thanks in advance!

Charbert

Reaction score
I just got a pair too. I noticed it had no holes along the lip for the fender flare bolts. The instructions I got with mine just says to tuck in under the lip and to put two clamp things on the bed that you screw the back of liner into. Seems kinda ghetto and not sure how tight it will be in there. Waiting till I get my 37 wheel and tire set to install them since I will take back tires off then.

OP
OP
S

SDR581

Reaction score
Yep exactly. No holes for the screws. I'd we just tuck it under the metal lip then why bother with those 8 fender flares screws.

My truck is out getting ppf and coated so will attempt this when I get it back middle of this week.

I know in the regular f150 you just tuck it.

wreckitshaw

Reaction score
You have to take the fender flare screws out to be able to tuck the wheel liner in. I took all the screws out and left the fender flare in place. Then tucked the wheeliner in between before putting screws back in.

raptor730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not the greatest setup. The just kind of sit on top of the fender flares on the inside

NickyF25

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah its not the greatest setup. The just kind of sit on top of the fender flares on the inside
Just installed mine today. I think the setup works very well and everything is nice and tight in the end. Using a trim tool helped me a lot to get the lip of the liner tucked behind the fender.

dblack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
As others have stated, the liner goes in between which is why you have to remove the screws. Once it's tucked in and the screws put back in, the liner will be nice and tight and won't move.

Bituman

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You have to take the fender flare screws out to be able to tuck the wheel liner in. I took all the screws out and left the fender flare in place. Then tucked the wheeliner in between before putting screws back in.
As others have said, this is the right answer. It was a bit awkward to get the liner tucked in. I used a plastic bicycle tire lever to help get the liner tucked in properly. One thing that confuses a lot of people is that there is a video where some guy mentions drilling holes for the screws. It only took me a minute or two to figure out that wasn't the way to install the liners. It's like anything else. It took me about two hours to install the liners. If I had to do it again, it would take me half the time.

Attachments

• Wheel Well Liners.jpg
    Wheel Well Liners.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 141