Hurricane Utah

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xristian

Reaction score
Good morning. I just got here in Hurricane Utah and I would like to drive my Raptor to to a nice (maybe a very easy off-road trail) where I can appreciate the natural scene. I found some off-road trails that it says easy but when I see the videos I looks like I need to be climbing some rock. I just want something where I can drive my car while appreciating the view. Hope someone read this today :)

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Torquerville Waterfalls is a good route. Warner Valley has all kinds of dirt roads and if you have kids you can see Dinosaur tracks. Plenty of dirt roads above Sand Hollow reservoir. You can even head into Sand Hollow. Remember to air down and if you get stuck you can call Matt’s Off-road Recovery. Head out to the Arizona Strip. Google Mt Trumbull Schoolhouse. From the schoolhouse you can even get yourself to a couple of Grand Canyon overlooks. Just depends on how adventurous you want be. If you go out to the Arizona strip you’ll be out of cell phone range so be prepared

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Torquerville Waterfalls is a good route. Warner Valley has all kinds of dirt roads and if you have kids you can see Dinosaur tracks. Plenty of dirt roads above Sand Hollow reservoir. You can even head into Sand Hollow. Remember to air down and if you get stuck you can call Matt’s Off-road Recovery. Head out to the Arizona Strip. Google Mt Trumbull Schoolhouse. From the schoolhouse you can even get yourself to a couple of Grand Canyon overlooks. Just depends on how adventurous you want be. If you go out to the Arizona strip you’ll be out of cell phone range so be prepared
Not sure of current conditions on Smith Mesa or Smithsonian Butte National Scenic Byway and Gooseberry Mesa. All of them that @2slo4u mentioned and these are Amazing. its been several years since the i did the falls. Used to be a great place for “Desert Pinstriping” your Raptor.
@2slo4u may be able to advise on current conditions, since he lives up in God’s Country (see my Green with Envy face :( )

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No need to worry about pinstripping if you do the falls. That trail has almost become a highway… haha. John’s suggestions of gooseberry Mesa is a great one. I was down there a few weeks ago and all was dry. I’d think with the current heatwave, everything would be dry despite all the monsoonal moisture. If you’re looking for a good paved road, try Kolob Terrace Rd in Springdale. You can work your way all the way up to Cedar City if you have the time

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pretty close to you. Drive “Hell’s Backbone Road”. It’s both easy and has excellent views. It starts as paved, then leads to some well maintained forest service gravel roads that you can drive for many miles. All easy and all beautiful.

Eat in Boulder, Utah at Hell’s Backbone Grill. Excellent food.

Have fun.

John M BUNMAN

BUNMAN-Adventures, Rescue & Recovery
Reaction score
Pretty close to you. Drive “Hell’s Backbone Road”. It’s both easy and has excellent views. It starts as paved, then leads to some well maintained forest service gravel roads that you can drive for many miles. All easy and all beautiful.

Eat in Boulder, Utah at Hell’s Backbone Grill. Excellent food.

Have fun.
Hell‘s Backbone Grill, Farm to Table…Thanksgiving dinner so good they have 2- settings Thursday and Friday…Reservations recommended 6months to a year in advance ;)
love that place..