Humming noise from rear after shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dnpbakon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I tried to search and couldn’t really find anything similar to what I experienced. I came back from a Quick grocery trip run and had the truck in sport mode and was driving pretty spiritedly (but safe ofcourse) . Upon parking in my garage and shutting the truck off, I noticed a humming sound coming from the bed. anyone experienced this? it lasted for a few minutes and then shut off.

I figure it was the fuel pump depressurization but not sure. Any input is appreciated.

Also, love ceramic coat. Paint looks “wet” all the time lol.

Attachments

• 1CB566C4-5A8A-479E-A1DA-8CB36196DD80.jpeg
    1CB566C4-5A8A-479E-A1DA-8CB36196DD80.jpeg
    262.2 KB · Views: 24

Swacer_2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I noticed a simliar thing as well a couple of times. I don't think the spirited driving had anything to do with it. Being that its coming from the back, I agree its a fuel pump thing most likely. It make that sound for probably 2 minutes or so and then disappeared. Shrug

Reaction score
Did you ever find out what this was? While I drive and when I shut it off, my truck makes a loud buzzing sound for about 10-20 seconds and stops. It's been getting louder. Just 11K miles on it.