HUGE NEWS!!! 2017 Raptor GETS 6.2 MOTOR OPTION!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reptar

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have to say the article got me as I read through it. Thoughts immediately popped in my head of "damnit! there goes my plan for my 2012 6.2 keeping it's resale value up so I could trade in on a 2017+, if they offer the 6.2 again the value on mine will tank!" then my next thought was "crap idk which motor I'd want, a 450 hp 6.2 or a 450 hp 3.5 eb"....then I reached the bottom of the article and saw the hashtag for april fools and I went "damnit they got me, it's april 1st isn't it!" lol

Buckeyesvtraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We are in the 2nd golden age of muscle. Like the late 60's to very very early 70's automobiles are putting out huge HP and its awesome. Even in the 90's 400hp was unheard of unless you were buying an exotic. Now you can get that from every manufacturer. I think within 5-10 years it will all be gone just like in 1972. Damn shame. Hold on to your gas guzzler. 20-30 years from now gen1 Raptors might be worth some cash. Hope so!

New raptor does not have the same awesome lines that we have now. Although I will probably change my mind once I drive the new one. Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RaptorOO7

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I agree with the HP of today's cars and trucks. I remember my 1985 Ford Mustang GT with 215 HP, my best friend who was a mechanic (RIP Bob) tweaked it a little and it was one of the quickest cars around at the time.

Then I had a 1993 Corvette with the 5.7L and 300 HP.

Today, my wife's BMW X5 has 300 HP from an inline Turbo 6 and gets 25 MPG. And even though the Raptor is a beast in size and with it's 411 HP 6.2L, I can still manage to get ~17 MPG between a little city and mostly highway driving keeping it under 75 MPH with the cruise control on.

Technology.