HUGE aftermarket touchscreen / iPad swaps

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Interior Modifications Forum [GEN 1]' started by djscoutmaster, Apr 10, 2018.

Sponsored By: Special Vehicle Concepts
  1. djscoutmaster

djscoutmaster Member

So im really interested in replacing the crappy sync 1 in my 2011. Ive seen videos and kits for aftermarket radios and they are all small and tiny. Plus you have the whole sony audio system integration to deal with. Im thinking of swapping out for and ipad / tablet and keeping the factory radio and using Bluetooth.

Here are a few options I'm considering:

Ipad Pro kit
    [​IMG]

Ipad mini + factory Nav
    [​IMG]
    https://retrocustomz.com/products/2013-2016-f250-ipad-in-dash-kit

Ipad mini kit
    [​IMG]
    https://store.audiodesignscg.com/product/2009-2014-ford-f150-ipad-mini-dash-kit/

tesla style 12.1 kit
    [​IMG]
    https://www.espony-cargo.com/12.1-tesla-style-android-navigation-radio-for-ford-f-150-2013-2014
    This thing is so crazy, i dont even know if it would work but is very attractive to try.

Would love everyone thoughts...

smurfslayer and dataustin like this.
  2. dataustin

dataustin FRF Addict

Scoutmaster, where did you get that iPadpro photo? Is it real or photoshopped?

3. NE Ford

NE Ford Full Access Member

Doug Bernards at SoundmanCA made a bezel kit for the iPad pro in his truck. I don't think he sells a pro kit but he can walk you through modifying two of his regular iPad kits to make it work. It's pretty labor intensive but if that's the look you want it will pay off.

4. Raptor911

Raptor911 FRF Addict

the 2019 Dodge Ram has a massive screen. I am sure Ford will have to answer soon:

[​IMG]

5. smurfskier

smurfskier Full Access Member

I did an i-ad mini in mine ..... but love the look of the pro in the first photo.

6. djscoutmaster

djscoutmaster Member

SoundmanCA actuall sells the frame kit for the ipad pro, you hust have to integrate it into your own console. A bit of work but looks awesome.

---------- Post added at 08:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:34 AM ----------

Thats why im super interested in the company that builds there own integration, it includes all audio / climate / camera controls... i reqched out the the company and to see if it will work on a 2011 sync 1

7. 1979

1979 Member

I would do an ipod swap on my sync 2 with the large screen in a heartbeat. I've searched all over the place and can't find a way to do it and not lose my on screen controls.