HUD Led on dash

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hi. i looked thru the manual and a few pages of threads here but couldn't find anything on it.
when i turn on that, there is a strip of lights on the dash pad, just before the windshield. it looks like it would be a shift light/light tachometer that lights up and shows on the screen.
it lights up when i turn on the car, likes its going thru its test mode like all the other lights/signals/indicators on the dash.
then goes off.
ive seen this on other cars, its usually a shift light display. but after the initial test where it lights up, i have yet to see it light up but its a new truck and i haven't really jammed it all the way to the red/rev limit.
can you set that somewhere? or is that something else entirely. ?

Heeblet

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just warns you when you are bout to hit someone in the ass because you aren’t paying attention. Turn the collision warning to high sensitivity and you will likely see it in action. Truck knows when you aren’t looking forward somehow or detects you not breaking when you should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
OP
spg993tt

spg993tt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It just warns you when you are bout to hit someone in the ass because you aren’t paying attention. Turn the collision warning to high sensitivity and you will likely see it in action. Truck knows when you aren’t looking forward somehow or detects you not breaking when you should be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

thank you. too bad they didn't incorporate a shift light which mayb eyou could program to shift and stay in the meat of the bell curve in terms of torque, etc. though I haven't looked at dyno curve of that motor so could be irrelevant. the gt350 had a similar light for shifting. could be toyish and just a gimmic but its there anyway, might as well incorporate it.