Hub vacuum line disconnected

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tock

Reaction score
Just finished a full up brake job on my '13 ( r1concepts and freedom Motorsports). First major job I've DIY'd on the truck in 18 months/20k miles. While working on the front driver's side corner, I noticed the vacuum lines running down to that hub were disconnected, other side was fine.

I noticed it as soon as I pulled the wheel, so it's definitely been that way for some time. Last time anyone else was working in that area of the car would have been a couple months ago when I had my shocks rebuilt, but being this was my first time getting dirty under the truck myself it could have theoretically been disconnected since before I bought it. There was some road grime at the very bottom of the nipples, but the upper parts were more or less clean, so I'm guessing whatever happened was more recent.

I haven't noticed any abnormal 4WD performance, but I haven't had the truck in any real traction-limited situations. Largely just smooth, snowy roads. There have been no errors presented through the cluster.

I noticed however that turning either hub did rotate the entire half shaft, although not the opposing side. Not sure is that's a torsen diff thing or not, but I'm curious if i should be concerned about the hub internals possibly being contaminated with debris on account of the nipples being exposed to the elements. Presumably it's been driven that way through the worst part of Colorado winter.