HP and Torque numbers still not released?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still surprised there was not a 25 hp/tq bump at least. There are a lot of other upgrades to the truck I know like the 2kw bed plug in and stock 37s. Still really surprised there was not a small bump, although it does sound better. On the bright side it looks better for getting the R built. Please use the 7.3 engine for the R ford, please.
As much as I’d love and prefer an NA V8 in the R it won’t happen. Too many ppl are more focused on HP numbers and a 650HP NA will be a “ disappointment “ to those ppl when the predator motor is available.

wweaver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I would want the 7.3 supercharged also, but to make 750 hp would not require the engine to be working to within an inch of its life at 120 degrees in the desert pushing a 6k pound truck around in 4wd. Not sure what the 100k warranty will cost but if I can stomach the ADM on R, for the first time I will buy the warranty.

Kaz109

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No I would want the 7.3 supercharged also, but to make 750 hp would not require the engine to be working to within an inch of its life at 120 degrees in the desert pushing a 6k pound truck around in 4wd. Not sure what the 100k warranty will cost but if I can stomach the ADM on R, for the first time I will buy the warranty.
For the reasons you mentioned I would prefer a performance version of the current 7.3L. It doesn’t matter either way as no way Ford forks out out the ton of cash for the R&D of a SC 7.3 when they already have the predator.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
450 hp at 5850 rpm and 510 torque at 3000

MSRP START at $65,850.

R is detuned Predator v8 at around 700hp

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was watching 2 different videos where Ford mentioned that on the GEN2, torque was limited in 1st and 2nd gear due to axle wrap. BUT without leaf springs there is no axle wrap so the torque limit in 1st and 2nd was removed on the GEN3.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Was watching 2 different videos where Ford mentioned that on the GEN2, torque was limited in 1st and 2nd gear due to axle wrap. BUT without leaf springs there is no axle wrap so the torque limit in 1st and 2nd was removed on the GEN3.
So is this Fords sorry ass way of giving you more power in the Gen 3? Sounds to me like the linked rear should have made it to the Gen 2 instead of doing an engineering work around by limiting power. Hearing that nannies are being used like this proves they can and will limit power as they feel they need to.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason for limiting power was to control axle wrap in the in the GEN2. In the video, Ford said, the 5 link puts power down so well that they removed the limit.

BTW the GEN3 engine delivers all the torque at a lower RPM when compared to the GEN2.

So is this Fords sorry *** way of giving you more power in the Gen 3? Sounds to me like the linked rear should have made it to the Gen 2 instead of doing an engineering work around by limiting power. Hearing that nannies are being used like this proves they can and will limit power as they feel they need to.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The reason for limiting power was to control axle wrap in the in the GEN2. In the video, Ford said, the 5 link puts power down so well that they removed the limit.

BTW the GEN3 engine delivers all the torque at a lower RPM when compared to the GEN2.
Yup so that’s the retune Ford talked about for the Gen 3. While it’s all newer for factory trucks in the last few years, it’s what cars had for decades and by far handles and put’s the power down in a far more superior fashion. Much simpler to mod and tune as well. Leaf’s while they can work is still way old tech. Lucky the aftermarket has helped in a big way.

Curious to see how quicker a Gen 3 might be out of the hole now.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m beginning to think since the Raptor group got the go ahead to build the “R”, they were told to leave the 3.5 alone. They must figure and they know, the 3.5 version will still sell big time. Not to mention, many may want the economy it offers, and not a few extra ponies. If there was no R, they would have had to go back to the dyno and pull out another 50 horse.

Now let’s hear a follow up from the word of reason @melvimbe lol