How to vet Ford mechanic?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Winchester30

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I am fortunate enough to have more than one dealer nearby to choose for maintenance.

Any recommendations (maybe from a Ford mechanics’ perspective) on how to best vet a dealership for Raptor maintenance?

Also, Is there any way to find out how many senior or master techs on staff and is that alone good enough?

Any help would be great!

Bullet Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ask to talk to the service manager. Tell him you love your truck and want his best man. Most people don't care enough to ask.
Also, if you're inclined, I've found that tipping my tech has gone a long way to getting superb service. They aren't used to people treating them nicely. Like anyone, they don't forget you when you're kind to them.
Believe me, it pays off in the end, and I've made some great friends in the process. I've learned that they're hard workers that are under a lot of pressure from their bosses and the customers. Its good to have a friend on at least one end of that equation. -good luck.