Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

How to turn off adaptive cruise control

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by FuryRaptor11, Jan 22, 2020.

1. RDFTS

RDFTS aka Rick Supporting Member

Have a 2020. I did install the RPG prerunner bumper and awaiting the bracket from RPG because they sent the one for 17/18’. I mounted the radar in front of the grill but it still didn’t work, gave ACC errors in the dash. No big deal at the time and disabled ACC in the advanced menu. Was pretty darn east to find in the menu while I was driving. Regular cruise control work fine like normal cruise.

Now cruise control doesn’t work at all. Push the button and nothing. I looked in the manual for the fuse location, checked and looks good. I removed the module from the front of the grill.

I figured the radar unit would stop Adaptive and Collision avoidance but stopping cruise control completely, seriously what a joke.

My GEN1 cruise control never has failed. I am starting to wonder if this new tech is going to be a nightmare.

2. Cornwallis

Cornwallis Full Access Member

I attempted this with a 2020 and got a bunch of errors. My truck is saying there is an angle misalignment with my ACC. I really just want to be able to use the standard cruise as I don’t really like how the ACC works. At the moment I’ve got nothing and I’m heading for out to Baja in a week and a half and I’d love to have cruise for the drive there.

Anyone have and idea of how to disable ACC with Forscan?

waveslayer likes this.
  3. Hashstream

Hashstream Member

Hi... I was wondering if anyone has had this issue resolved. I have been having the ACC malfunction problem with my 17' raptor. The normal cruise control works fine and the ACC works everytime the car is restarted but only for a while till it tanks. What is even more annoying is that the ACC fault keeps popping up on the screen continuously even if it is shut off and the normal cruise control is turned On.