How to silence exhaust?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I want to knock the noise level down a little to be a little stealthier around town.

I am thinking a couple short mufflers between the stock resonator and muffler and maybe replacing the stock tips with muffler tips. Due to clearance issues, straight thru glasspack type stuff, or short flowmasters, would have to be staggered, may be the best option for me in the garage with a welder. I am hoping to at least knock a little of the raspyness off the tone.

Other option would be to replace the muffler or resonator with something quiet. I would really like to see the inside of both of the stock units. lol

Anyone done anything like this?

Edit, I have turned off the fake engine noise. fyi

Last edited:

Wizo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was going to say Bose makes some noise canceling headphones but you were talking about what it sounds like outside.

Add 2 more resonators and it would be whisper like.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want to knock the noise level down a little to be a little stealthier around town.

I am thinking a couple short mufflers between the stock resonator and muffler and maybe replacing the stock tips with muffler tips. Due to clearance issues, straight thru glasspack type stuff, or short flowmasters, would have to be staggered, may be the best option for me in the garage with a welder. I am hoping to at least knock a little of the raspyness off the tone.

Other option would be to replace the muffler or resonator with something quiet. I would really like to see the inside of both of the stock units. lol

Anyone done anything like this?

Edit, I have turned off the fake engine noise. fyi
I was thinking about the same thing. Try a muffler off of an 3.5 Eco F150. My buddie has a 18' 2 wheel drive 3.5 and his truck hauls ass and no one hears him coming...we get a lot of surprised faces as he passes them, those trucks really move!. There is only about 70 horse different & they use the same intercooler I believe, so shouldn't hurt power to much. Also stock for stock the F150 3.5 Eco 2 wheel beats the Raptor. :(

jaz13

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I was thinking about the same thing. Try a muffler off of an 3.5 Eco F150. My buddie has a 18' 2 wheel drive 3.5 and his truck hauls ass and no one hears him coming...we get a lot of surprised faces as he passes them, those trucks really move!. There is only about 70 horse different & they use the same intercooler I believe, so shouldn't hurt power to much. Also stock for stock the F150 3.5 Eco 2 wheel beats the Raptor. :(

A stripped F-150 weighs in the mid 4k range. Most 802a Raptors push toward 6k. That's a lot of extra weight to be hauling around, especially in the oversized tires and wheels.

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A stripped F-150 weighs in the mid 4k range. Most 802a Raptors push toward 6k. That's a lot of extra weight to be hauling around, especially in the oversized tires and wheels.
I agree with your statement, but it doesn't make me feel any better that it is faster! (weight & tire size)

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Thought about the F150 muffler, but it looks like they are single in and single out, Raptor is dual in, dual out.

OP
OP
GCATX

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Add some vibrant resonators. This style if you have room. I have a local customer that did something like this. Added resonators and got an aftermarket intake. Exhaust makes almost no noise and you only hear turbos.
https://www.jegs.com/i/Vibrant-Perf...MIiZiF3Oef3wIVCNVkCh1WYAENEAQYAiABEgJSxvD_BwE

I have been poking around the web and saw these. The problem is that the 2 pipes are only about 1.75" apart between the muffler and resonator, so just about anything other than a glasspack type won't work at that location, without some extra bends being installed. I am sure the glasspack would change the tone and likely quiet things down in normal driving, but I am thinking at WOT they aren't going to do much.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have been poking around the web and saw these. The problem is that the 2 pipes are only about 1.75" apart between the muffler and resonator, so just about anything other than a glasspack type won't work at that location, without some extra bends being installed. I am sure the glasspack would change the tone and likely quiet things down in normal driving, but I am thinking at WOT they aren't going to do much.

I'm not in contact with the customer anymore but he did say they were in the back portion of the exhaust. Maybe here? Don't know if there is room there or not. I've never really looked under there.
Those vibrant super quiets almost act like a muffler/resonator. I used one on my GEN1 in conjunction with a chambered muffler and I couldn't believe what a difference it made. Mine is installed after the muffler as well.
Untitled.png