How to sell ordered truck to a friend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ford Truck 64

Reaction score
Ok, i'll try and keep this short. I ordered 3 trucks last summer from 3 different dealers. First one came in and i drove it for 2 weeks until my second one arrived, which was the one i preferred, so i sold my first one to a member here....at no profit BTW.

3 days ago i get an email from Ford that my white PP order was going to be built on 8/22. Frankly i thought that order was dead since no one had spoken to me since last August. This deal was for their only 37" allocation for $5k over msrp. I'm loving my Iconic Silver 2021 and don't want this new 37" truck but i don't want the dealer to have it either and stick it on the market for $20k ADM.

I have a friend who wants it but I'm worried the dealer won't let me just have him buy it. Are there are any strategies you guys know of where he can buy it directly from the dealer? I don't want to free up the cash to buy it, pay taxes and sell it to my friend.
Thanks

Ok, i'll try and keep this short. I ordered 3 trucks last summer from 3 different dealers. First one came in and i drove it for 2 weeks until my second one arrived, which was the one i preferred, so i sold my first one to a member here....at no profit BTW.

3 days ago i get an email from Ford that my white PP order was going to be built on 8/22. Frankly i thought that order was dead since no one had spoken to me since last August. This deal was for their only 37" allocation for $5k over msrp. I'm loving my Iconic Silver 2021 and don't want this new 37" truck but i don't want the dealer to have it either and stick it on the market for $20k ADM.

I have a friend who wants it but I'm worried the dealer won't let me just have him buy it. Are there are any strategies you guys know of where he can buy it directly from the dealer? I don't want to free up the cash to buy it, pay taxes and sell it to my friend.
Thanks
So you take up 3 allocation spots and wonder why dealers mark vehicles up. Regardless if you made a profit or not it goes beyond that for a dealer.
Trust me I know FIRST HAND!!!
Take a poll on here and my guess is majority think your move was pretty selfish!!

Fat_Kid

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not selfish in my opinion. I placed one order and got lied to about an allocation for 4 months before placing a second order. And regardless, from the dealers perspective, its only one order. They dont know how many orders a person has. They can either charge a fair price or try to rip people off.

You cant blame a guy for trying to up his chances of getting a truck.

TX-RAP70R

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thats not selfish in my opinion. I placed one order and got lied to about an allocation for 4 months before placing a second order. And regardless, from the dealers perspective, its only one order. They dont know how many orders a person has. They can either charge a fair price or try to rip people off.

You cant blame a guy for trying to up his chances of getting a truck.
My dealer who I ordered from and put down a $1000 deposit said I had an allocation but 7 months in...nothing! Im glad I got my deposit back! Found a new Raptor on Autotrader that came in the dealer and bought it the next day at a great price!

LillianShar

Reaction score
As for your new white PP order, it sounds like you've got a good deal going, and you want your friend to snag it. Here's a suggestion: you can have your friend contact the dealer directly and inquire about buying it. Sometimes, dealers are willing to work with buyers directly if they know there's genuine interest.No need to go through the hassle of buying it yourself, paying taxes, and then selling it to your friend. Cut out the middleman, if possible.If you're still looking for truck-related info, you might want to explore the used market, too. Check out some used Rigid Trucks for sale. Who knows, you might find something interesting there, too.

Last edited:

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
As for your new white PP order, it sounds like you've got a good deal going, and you want your friend to snag it. Here's a suggestion: you can have your friend contact the dealer directly and inquire about buying it. Sometimes, dealers are willing to work with buyers directly if they know there's genuine interest.

..... thread is over a year old.