How to sell ordered truck to a friend

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok, i'll try and keep this short. I ordered 3 trucks last summer from 3 different dealers. First one came in and i drove it for 2 weeks until my second one arrived, which was the one i preferred, so i sold my first one to a member here....at no profit BTW.

3 days ago i get an email from Ford that my white PP order was going to be built on 8/22. Frankly i thought that order was dead since no one had spoken to me since last August. This deal was for their only 37" allocation for $5k over msrp. I'm loving my Iconic Silver 2021 and don't want this new 37" truck but i don't want the dealer to have it either and stick it on the market for $20k ADM.

I have a friend who wants it but I'm worried the dealer won't let me just have him buy it. Are there are any strategies you guys know of where he can buy it directly from the dealer? I don't want to free up the cash to buy it, pay taxes and sell it to my friend.
Thanks

GTTXRAP

Drill Baby Drill
Reaction score
I don't want to free up the cash to buy it, pay taxes and sell it to my friend.
Thanks
Lord.

Well then get over it and let dealer keep it. You will have to give up the cash and pay taxes if you 'don't want dealer to know'. Duh.

Just tell the dealer the truth and see what they will do--otherwise move on. What happens when you hog three allocations.

OP
OP
xlr8

xlr8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So you're a fan of the $20-$25k ADM, got it.
I wasn't trying to "hog" orders, i was just trying to get one. I haven't made a dime selling any of these trucks.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The moment you tell the dealer you‘re no longer interested in that truck, unfortunately the dealer will be free to do what they want. Why not free up the funds? You’ll get it back when you sell to your friend.

crc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doesn’t sound like a problem ? Have your friend pay you back for what it cost you to get him the truck . I’m still waiting on my Gen3 to arrive , if it ever does ?

catinthehat85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s not so simple depending on the state you register it. Highly recommend researching states that allow this without tax penalties. For example I know in California this would be impossible to do witthout tax implications for your situation.

KCHawkeye02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Price protection is only granted if the order name is the exact match to the person who actually buys it. Tell your friend the only way to get him the truck at the price you ordered, is for him to free up his own funds, and cut you a check for the full amount a week prior to purchase. Or he can still buy this at 20k ADM with financing if they are not liquid.

Littlefx4

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Price protection is only granted if the order name is the exact match to the person who actually buys it. Tell your friend the only way to get him the truck at the price you ordered, is for him to free up his own funds, and cut you a check for the full amount a week prior to purchase. Or he can still buy this at 20k ADM with financing if they are not liquid.
This. Either he free up the cash or you!

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
If the dealer won't let your buddy pick up the order, don't be a communist, just buy it and sell it, make a few bucks.