How to route power and antenna to center console for radio?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Has anyone done a clean installation and have pictures to share?

I’m trying to find a way to get 12v from passenger kick panel and coax antenna cable from third brake light into center console. I’ve already routed the wires through the door sill to under passenger seat, but haven’t found a clean way to get the cables in without drilling a big old hole on the side of the console.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone done a clean installation and have pictures to share?

I’m trying to find a way to get 12v from passenger kick panel and coax antenna cable from third brake light into center console. I’ve already routed the wires through the door sill to under passenger seat, but haven’t found a clean way to get the cables in without drilling a big old hole on the side of the console.

Unbolt the console, lift it up slightly, and route the wires under the carpet and up into the center console. There should be a hole already in the carpet under the console. I don’t have pictures right now, I may be able to find a few when I did mine.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also to add, I had to drill a hole in the bottom of the center console to bring the wires up into the area where the radio is. Hole is not visible once the lid is shut.

OP
OP
M

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Unbolt the console, lift it up slightly, and route the wires under the carpet and up into the center console. There should be a hole already in the carpet under the console. I don’t have pictures right now, I may be able to find a few when I did mine.

I didn’t even think about raising the console. Good idea. Are all the bolts inside the console or do I have to take out surrounding trim?

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I didn’t even think about raising the console. Good idea. Are all the bolts inside the console or do I have to take out surrounding trim?

You are in a gen 2, right?

I have gen 1, so this may be a little different. You have a couple bolts that you have to access by the back of the seats and then you have to remove a trim panel under the radio and some side panels to get to the other bolts.

@The Car Stereo Company
could probably clarify some of the differences between gen 1 and 2

OP
OP
M

Mille_ed

Reaction score
Yeah I’m in a gen 2. I’ll poke around and see how hard it is to unbolt it.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You are in a gen 2, right?

I have gen 1, so this may be a little different. You have a couple bolts that you have to access by the back of the seats and then you have to remove a trim panel under the radio and some side panels to get to the other bolts.

@The Car Stereo Company
could probably clarify some of the differences between gen 1 and 2
oh sure...... just ***** me out like that....
there are 7 bolts to pull the center console out. if you slide the front seats back and forth, you can remove the plastic side panel. there are 2 bolts on either side. theres a 7mm on the drivers side panel you have to pull. up under the front of the console there is a little access panel and behind it is another bolt. i normally recommend pulling the front dash side trims, but that mean a little more work. pulling the dash speaker and the radio trim. the way the center console panels are flared out, i find its safer to remove it. not necessary, but with our customers trucks, we take no chances. especially if its only a couple minutes. after the bolts are out, slide it back. there are plastic clips holding it in. you will get a couple inches, but it will allow you to tilt the back up and access the bottom. it takes me about 10 min to pull the center console, i expect it wouldnt take you much longer.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score

there are 7 bolts to pull the center console out. if you slide the front seats back and forth, you can remove the plastic side panel. there are 2 bolts on either side. theres a 7mm on the drivers side panel you have to pull. up under the front of the console there is a little access panel and behind it is another bolt. i normally recommend pulling the front dash side trims, but that mean a little more work. pulling the dash speaker and the radio trim. the way the center console panels are flared out, i find its safer to remove it. not necessary, but with our customers trucks, we take no chances. especially if its only a couple minutes. after the bolts are out, slide it back. there are plastic clips holding it in. you will get a couple inches, but it will allow you to tilt the back up and access the bottom. it takes me about 10 min to pull the center console, i expect it wouldnt take you much longer.
*****!

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score

I facilitate............. I went to the best person for the job.