Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

GEN 2 How to Retain USB Drive with Radio after ignition is off/on - B&O System

Discussion in 'Ford Raptor Audio/Video/Electronics Forum [GEN 2]' started by Xtinct, Jun 1, 2020.

1. Xtinct

Xtinct Full Access Member

I have noticed when I select my Audio Source as USB that after turning off the ignition and exiting the vehicle, that upon returning it always defaults the Radio back to FM.

WTH - Is there a way to retain the previous Audio Source selection? I have never had any vehicle or radio that did not retain the previous source on restart. Note - the USB stick has remained connected the entire time.

2. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

I know mine doesn't do that. If it's on USB, which is 90% of the time, it will be there when I restart. 2020 with the B&O.

3. Xtinct

I just went out and tried turning the ignition on and the USB Source came up! But the last few times I have driven the vehicle it has not. Only difference is I usually have foot on the brake and just start it without first turning on the ignition. Would that cause the issue?

Curious if anyone else has seen this issue. I have a 2019 B&O.

4. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict

I never thought about it. I put on the brake and push the start button.

5. dblack

dblack Full Access Member

How long between driving it? Mine does it occasionally, but not on a regular basis.

6. Cornwallis

Cornwallis Full Access Member

Yes, my 2020 does this all the time. Sometimes will remain on the USB, sometimes not. I even changed USB’s just in case it was processing slowly. No difference.

For sure I wish it would just stay on USB when that’s selected. Im not sure what else to try though.

7. Xtinct

This weekend I drove it 3 times on 1 day with about 2-3 hrs between starts and it lost the USB source each time. Then yesterday when I tried to diagnose it, it worked each time I drove the vehicle with the same conditions.

It makes no sense to me.

8. dblack

dblack Full Access Member

My Wrangler used to do the same thing with the uConnect system. I got a new iPod to try out but that didn't seem to fix it.

9. Steve55340

Steve55340 Member

I'm using a little thumb-drive plugged into USB. The first time I set it up and started using it, it never started upon a restart - that is, shut off truck, restart truck, back to
    FM. Took about 30 seconds to recognize USB. I figured it was a crappy drive. I recently cleared out the thumb-drive (there was a bunch of garbage on it) and downloaded all my music again. Now it usually stays on when I stop and restart the truck - even after a few days of no driving. But there are times when it needs to be selected again. 2019 B&O

10. Oldfart

Oldfart FRF Addict