How to: Reset Your ECU After Any Performance Modification

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Every alarm has a brain/module. Find it. There should be a kill switch on it that should disable it. I would look under the steering column for the alarm module.

I have a 2010. I think the alarm was installed by the dealer. There is no info in my owners manual...nothing. Any suggestions how to turn it off? Everyday is a learning experience.

Jay.gordon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2010. I think the alarm was installed by the dealer. There is no info in my owners manual...nothing. Any suggestions how to turn it off? Everyday is a learning experience.

My other thought is that it could be your other mods interacting with the tune. I know that when I dropped my stock tune on with my headers my truck was unhappy because of the post cat 02 sensors not being hooked up. I don't remember an audible alarm but it might be something as simple as that.
I'd email or call Mike at 5star and bounce your list of mods off of what he has set in the tune.
Let us know.

Jay

FAMARO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks I will look for this switch. Glad I have another vehicle to drive.
The dealer told me, turn the key on and stand on my head, jump out 3 times, run around with my hands up.....

tone2020

Reaction score
necro-bump - google repetitively brings up this thread and i "get" unhook the negative terminal

BUT is this necessary for something as subtle as going from the cheap *** phone book thick air filter that was in there to a k&n drop in stock size?

pat247

FRF Addict
Reaction score
necro-bump - google repetitively brings up this thread and i "get" unhook the negative terminal

BUT is this necessary for something as subtle as going from the cheap *** phone book thick air filter that was in there to a k&n drop in stock size?

Short answer is "YES"! Prime example of when to do the re-learn. You bought the K&N for better air flow right, so let the truck relearn the air fuel ratio if there is any change to any factor that get monitored and there are many.

tone2020

Reaction score
Short answer is "YES"! Prime example of when to do the re-learn. You bought the K&N for better air flow right, so let the truck relearn the air fuel ratio if there is any change to any factor that get monitored and there are many.
Awesome thank you for your reply -

sorry it was prob a n00b question but going from a base model 2010 titan that didnt even have cruise to this spaceship is a learning experience for me! :) love this truck