How to remove this plastic clip next to air box

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m installing an UpDownAir system and need to remove this silly plastic clip to mount the controller bracket.

Anyone know what kind of clip/retainer this is and how to remove it? It’s located to the front of the air box assembly between the two ground screws.

I’m recovering from a torn finger tendon and would love to not bang it around with this stupid piece of plastic!

83E68795-8720-4AF1-9B2E-B34C4D845265.jpeg

5FF62924-A636-4840-BA1C-6ED298F584A8.jpeg

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you need a small angled pick tool to release the tabs that are on the other side. you can get to them from that opening on the front. theres two tabs across from each other. or pry it off and buy a new clip

OP
OP
allenilly3

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I finally got it off with a pick. Doubt it’s going back in with the way it looks so I’ll be ordering a new one lol. The white plastic piece actually slides into the black plastic Christmas tree fastener but I couldn’t separate them without removing the fastener. Pics of the fastener and UpDownAir controller mounted attached.

Not sure I like the location of the controller since it’s annoyingly close to the air box clips to access the filter. Doubt this would fit if anyone has a CAI.

3512A850-B6B1-4200-BE9C-EAED1C389869.jpeg

C4D5D583-027D-4B6F-AE09-621097DB719A.jpeg

CC4F5CB1-AC4D-45FD-8903-02B2B098D36F.jpeg

55E44BAC-9956-439A-8F65-D3DD4DF495AE.jpeg

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That air system looks pretty nifty. I dont know if I would want one personally cause I run each axle at different pressures but that's pretty neat

OP
OP
allenilly3

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’ll report back once it’s done. I’m waiting on the ARB compressor now and hope it gets here in the next 2 days since I’m heading to the beach for a week. Really wanted to test this thing out with different pressures in the sand.

OP
OP
allenilly3

allenilly3

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Steebo I would think you could air up each axle separately if you wanted by not connecting the two fronts whips for example. You would have to change the pressure at the controller for each axle and connect / disconnect the whips from the valves in the wheel well. It may not be worth the hassle over something like a Power Tank, but I went this route instead because I’ll be towing a travel trailer for camping and it just seemed quicker overall.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Steebo I would think you could air up each axle separately if you wanted by not connecting the two fronts whips for example. You would have to change the pressure at the controller for each axle and connect / disconnect the whips from the valves in the wheel well. It may not be worth the hassle over something like a Power Tank, but I went this route instead because I’ll be towing a travel trailer for camping and it just seemed quicker overall.
Ahh that seems like a lot of work. I've been looking into through axle inflation kits but the supporting mod list is bigger than santas naughty list