How to Lower the Rear Seat Backs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vash

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Figured I'd post this since I see constantly questions regarding whether the rear seat backs move and/or how to easily remove or reattach the rear headrests. Many may not know that the rear seat backs can be moved at all.

The original instructions and marked up latch release pic are courtesy of jfp202 over at F150Forum.com. I just added some additional pics to show different parts of the process and added a bit of detail to the general instructions

To Fold Down a Super Crew Backseat

1. Fold up the lower portion of the seat. This moves the seatback forward a little so it's easier to get your hand between the seat back and the truck wall.

2. With your left hand palm facing toward the back of the truck and thumb down, slide your hand between the backseat and the real wall.

3. Use your thumb to lift up on the lock lever. (See photo with Arrows). Note: Everyone is different. Some people may find it easier to try and catch the release with their index finger and/or different orientation to fit between the rear cab wall and the seat back.

4. You can also use the round end of a box wrench, instead of your thumb, to lift the lever.

5. This releases the latch that holds the seat back in place by locking onto the horizontal metal bar that slides in between rails on the driver and passenger side of the cab wall.

6. To re-latch the seats to the rear wall position the horizontal rods in the channels so that they will catch in the latch jaws attached to the seat backs. You may need to give a firm shove to reset the latches kind of like you're shutting a door. If the latches don't catch the rods then reposition the rods in the channel and try again.

Well, that's it. Anyone please feel free to add suggestions or comments. I hope this little How-To was helpful.

Attachments

• IMG_1185.jpg
    IMG_1185.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 309
  • IMG_1186.jpg
    IMG_1186.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 243
  • IMG_1187.jpg
    IMG_1187.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 211
  • IMG_1188.jpg
    IMG_1188.jpg