How to get RCA Out on a 801A.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can get an RCA Out on a 801A?? Does any make a device where I can get RCA outs on my 2018 801A. Currently, I am using line level to a sound processor. I know PAC had something that worked for the Sony systems.
I would like to clean up the line level signal I am sending to my sound processor. I would rather use RCA than line level. I have a little hiss I would like to clear up. Any thoughts?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How can get an RCA Out on a 801A?? Does any make a device where I can get RCA outs on my 2018 801A. Currently, I am using line level to a sound processor. I know PAC had something that worked for the Sony systems.
I would like to clean up the line level signal I am sending to my sound processor. I would rather use RCA than line level. I have a little hiss I would like to clear up. Any thoughts?

What base stereo do you have in your truck?

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the base 8 inch radio with navigation. Not B&O
It’s not the one with the small Screen. Same size as the screen as the Sony or B&O
I ordered mine with the kicker set up but I’m not using

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the base 8 inch radio with navigation. Not B&O
It’s not the one with the small Screen. Same size as the screen as the Sony or B&O
I ordered mine with the kicker set up but I’m not using

https://plugnplaykits.com/products/...7-2018-f-450-2017-2018?variant=15661350092843

Order the “sub harness”. It will utilize the front left and right channels out of your headunit which are full frequency. You can also use this same harness to add an amp for your speakers if you choose because the signal this harness uses is full frequency.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into that. I am hoping running RCAs from the head to the sound processor in the back rather than line level will get rid of a hiss I have at low or no volume. would like to have front and rear channels.

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I will look into that. I am hoping running RCAs from the head to the sound processor in the back rather than line level will get rid of a hiss I have at low or no volume. would like to have front and rear channels.

Hiss either comes from improper gain setup or poor power and ground for your audio components. All audio components should have the same power and ground source.

I have tuned over a dozen raptors and f150s with high level output into dsp’s and none of my customers have experienced hiss or whine of any kind. The reason being, it’s the ground work before and during the install. Verify your power and ground are low resistance. < .01 ohm.

How are you setting your gain? What test track are you using? What volume do you have your headunit at? Are you setting your gain with crossovers enabled or with no EQ?

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will double-check Power and ground. All audio is all using the same power. I am running a 2gauge wire from the battery to the equipment. I grounded to a rear seat belt bolt. (paint removed) I will get a meeter on it and test resistance.
I used pink noise and a meeter to set the gains. Volume at 23 if I recall. What have you used as your negative ground in F150s?
What do you recommend regarding setting the gains?

dhmcfadin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I will double-check Power and ground. All audio is all using the same power. I am running a 2gauge wire from the battery to the equipment. I grounded to a rear seat belt bolt. (paint removed) I will get a meeter on it and test resistance.
I used pink noise and a meeter to set the gains. Volume at 23 if I recall. What have you used as your negative ground in F150s?
What do you recommend regarding setting the gains?

I recommend running ground back to the battery because of the aluminum body.

A multi meter can work. But I would set you gain at 27-28. That is the volume at which the headunit will begin to clip. 23 is pretty low.

Use a 0db, 1000 hz test tone and make sure to defeat ALL crossover settings and eq prior to setting gain.

OP
OP
B

blk91gt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would the volume being set low increase or decrease the hiss I hear. I hear the hiss if I am sitting in the car with everything turned down. I am using a DM-608 sound processor. Running to an Alpine PDX-V9 If I turn the input gain on the DM-608 the hiss gets quieter. I would like it neutral (0db) I have it at (-4.0db) to decrease the hiss

goblues38

FRF Addict
Reaction score
use the PAC device...high level inputs are evil and a band aid for not doing it correctly.