How to get more turbo sound

BigTaco

Reaction score
An intake will add more turbo spool sound for sure. Roush makes an intake that will not bound your warranty and will increase the spool sound you dig. You can also go with a Ford Performance Touring exhaust that will change the tone and add more spool sound. It like a stock “+” sound for lack of a better term.

Also, there are little cylindrical weighs attached to the factory exhaust that no aftermarket systems has. Look toward the ends of the exhaust system and you will see the. You can remove them as they are in there as a way to dampen high pitched frequencies for NVH. That would enhance the spool sound as well.

Take Care,
BT

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Reaction score
An intake will add more turbo spool sound for sure. Roush makes an intake that will not bound your warranty and will increase the spool sound you dig. You can also go with a Ford Performance Touring exhaust that will change the tone and add more spool sound. It like a stock “+” sound for lack of a better term.

Also, there are little cylindrical weighs attached to the factory exhaust that no aftermarket systems has. Look toward the ends of the exhaust system and you will see the. You can remove them as they are in there as a way to dampen high pitched frequencies for NVH. That would enhance the spool sound as well.

Take Care,
BT
Oh is that what that is for???!! I was wondering what those were. I thought maybe emissions or some techy stuff. Interesting.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just putting a k&n drop in filter seems to make the whistle louder as the turbos are accelerating, so any cold air intake should do the same.

I did a corsa resonator delete, but i would like the trombone one coupled to the stock rearward muffler..

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Reaction score
just putting a k&n drop in filter seems to make the whistle louder as the turbos are accelerating, so any cold air intake should do the same.

I did a corsa resonator delete, but i would like the trombone one coupled to the stock rearward muffler..
Yah I saw that Trombone resonator delete also.