How to get more turbo sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BigTaco

Reaction score
An intake will add more turbo spool sound for sure. Roush makes an intake that will not bound your warranty and will increase the spool sound you dig. You can also go with a Ford Performance Touring exhaust that will change the tone and add more spool sound. It like a stock “+” sound for lack of a better term.

Also, there are little cylindrical weighs attached to the factory exhaust that no aftermarket systems has. Look toward the ends of the exhaust system and you will see the. You can remove them as they are in there as a way to dampen high pitched frequencies for NVH. That would enhance the spool sound as well.

Take Care,
BT

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
An intake will add more turbo spool sound for sure. Roush makes an intake that will not bound your warranty and will increase the spool sound you dig. You can also go with a Ford Performance Touring exhaust that will change the tone and add more spool sound. It like a stock “+” sound for lack of a better term.

Also, there are little cylindrical weighs attached to the factory exhaust that no aftermarket systems has. Look toward the ends of the exhaust system and you will see the. You can remove them as they are in there as a way to dampen high pitched frequencies for NVH. That would enhance the spool sound as well.

Take Care,
BT
Oh is that what that is for???!! I was wondering what those were. I thought maybe emissions or some techy stuff. Interesting.

downforce137

FRF Addict
Reaction score
just putting a k&n drop in filter seems to make the whistle louder as the turbos are accelerating, so any cold air intake should do the same.

I did a corsa resonator delete, but i would like the trombone one coupled to the stock rearward muffler..

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just putting a k&n drop in filter seems to make the whistle louder as the turbos are accelerating, so any cold air intake should do the same.

I did a corsa resonator delete, but i would like the trombone one coupled to the stock rearward muffler..
Yah I saw that Trombone resonator delete also.

acelesson

Reaction score

Is that what you are asking about? lol
I do have a question for you...is the turbo system in our trucks a recirc system? This is only my 2nd turbo vehicle (first being a GTR) so admittedly I dont know much about them...always been a supercharger guy for FI. On the GTR it was highly advised against adding a BOV as the turbo system gave a significant performance boost with its designed recirc system.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do have a question for you...is the turbo system in our trucks a recirc system? This is only my 2nd turbo vehicle (first being a GTR) so admittedly I dont know much about them...always been a supercharger guy for FI. On the GTR it was highly advised against adding a BOV as the turbo system gave a significant performance boost with its designed recirc system.
no, its not a recirc system. I wouldn't waste money on a BOV though. Just ditch the recirc hose and cap off the hole in the intake tube.

Kmorgs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
AMS Boost tubes with intake or do catless downpipes and will definitely hear the turbos.