How to get more turbo sound

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I am just wondering something. How can I get more turbo spooling sound on my 2020 Raptor? I don't want to change the overall sound of the exhaust just want more spooling sound. Am I able to do that without changing the sound? I am an EcoBoost lover so I love the stock sound of my Raptor just would LOVE more turbo sound.

Thanks.

Gen2Boost

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone:

I am just wondering something. How can I get more turbo spooling sound on my 2020 Raptor? I don't want to change the overall sound of the exhaust just want more spooling sound. Am I able to do that without changing the sound? I am an EcoBoost lover so I love the stock sound of my Raptor just would LOVE more turbo sound.

Thanks.

Is that what you are asking about? lol

Attachments

• 202A8761-70B3-424D-A9D0-BF477EAA95BE.png
    202A8761-70B3-424D-A9D0-BF477EAA95BE.png
    306 KB · Views: 15

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without going straight pipe there's not much you can do. Bigger Turbos are another option. You can do the DIY BPV but that doesn't make the turbos louder, you just get a whoosh when you let off the throttle.

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
After I went CORSA X TREME exhaust, my turbs were screaming at me, but not like a 250 Superduty with exhaust. It wont sound like a dragon is exhaling so...

DMays

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I had a 2020 with an AFE dual CAI and it made the spooling and overall turbo sounds much louder.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe take out the intake silencer things in the intake
If I am correct? Those aren't turbo silencers that I believe you are talking about. Those little plastic things actually help with the inlet turbo side to get better air or something. I am not 100% sure that is just what I've been reading. Maybe @FordTechOne can confirm this.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
If I am correct? Those aren't turbo silencers that I believe you are talking about. Those little plastic things actually help with the inlet turbo side to get better air or something. I am not 100% sure that is just what I've been reading. Maybe @FordTechOne can confirm this.
Correct. Removing them can also set DTCs.

OP
OP
2020FordRaptor

2020FordRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Without going straight pipe there's not much you can do. Bigger Turbos are another option. You can do the DIY BPV but that doesn't make the turbos louder, you just get a whoosh when you let off the throttle.
Well like Donovan was saying, I've been looking at the Corsa extreme exhaust and it adds that turbo sound. I am just not interested in changing my exhaust, I love the sound of my stock exhaust and don't want to change that. I don't want to do bigger turbos because I have a 8 year warranty. Yah I saw the BPV but like you said it isn't the spooling more whooshing.
After I went CORSA X TREME exhaust, my turbs were screaming at me, but not like a 250 Superduty with exhaust. It wont sound like a dragon is exhaling so...
I've been looking at the Corsa extreme exhaust and it adds that turbo sound. I am just not interested in changing my exhaust, I love the sound of my stock exhaust and don't want to change that.