how to fix truck bed sprayliner ?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pla748

Reaction score
there are two foam pads attached behind the cabin, right between bed and cabin. the one on driver side is almost fell off. therefore, I ask for a replacement.
they have to lift up the truck box and attached the new one, which is a little bit thinner than the original one.
I picked up my truck and found the spray liner was peeled off around the big screws. it's really annoying. I know they have to damage the sprayliner to unscrew the box. but they should fix it after reinstall the box, right ? every time I drop off my truck to "fix" something, I got new thing to fix. :(
is there any way I can fix it OR just leave it there ? really don't want the damage grow larger and larger.

sprayliner peel off.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
there are two foam pads attached behind the cabin, right between bed and cabin. the one on driver side is almost fell off. therefore, I ask for a replacement.
they have to lift up the truck box and attached the new one, which is a little bit thinner than the original one.
I picked up my truck and found the spray liner was peeled off around the big screws. it's really annoying. I know they have to damage the sprayliner to unscrew the box. but they should fix it after reinstall the box, right ? every time I drop off my truck to "fix" something, I got new thing to fix. :(
is there any way I can fix it OR just leave it there ? really don't want the damage grow larger and larger.

View attachment 313835

That stuff is tough as hell. clean out the torx head, thoroughly. Get some D rings. Remove the bed bolts 1 at a time and replace with the D rings. Spray paint bed bolts with Rustoleum bed liner.

You get added functionality in the bed, and get to move on with life. Easy Peasey.

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if dealer did spray liner take it in to fix it. If you did it yoursel take it to the same guy that did it and ask him for help

Dancam

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That stuff is tough as hell. clean out the torx head, thoroughly. Get some D rings. Remove the bed bolts 1 at a time and replace with the D rings. Spray paint bed bolts with Rustoleum bed liner.

You get added functionality in the bed, and get to move on with life. Easy Peasey.
what D rings do you recommend?

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score

that's a good idea, and make it cool. what hardware do you recommend. could you attach a link here ? thanks.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
if dealer did spray liner take it in to fix it. If you did it yoursel take it to the same guy that did it and ask him for help
you mean for free ? if not, I would like to DIY the spray. ;)

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
what D rings do you recommend?

that's a good idea, and make it cool. what hardware do you recommend. could you attach a link here ? thanks.
<Obi-Wan> Use the search feature, Luke! </Obi-Wan>

Bed Bolt D-Ring Tie Down Points AT COST

I got the parts from within this thread, I believe you can source them on Amazon if needs be. I believe you need to relieve the d ring assembly with a grinder to accommodate the bed bolt washer. Also, not to sound like a broken record but make sure the bed bolt is completely free of bedliner material - so the torx bit will fully seat. If not, you could strip the bolt head and now you need to go to extraordinary lengths to remove it. I had to use a breaker bar on all of the bed bolts, despite them only being set at 55 foot pounds, allegedly.

It’s an inexpensive and useful mod.

Steebo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You got 3 options
First is a spot repray which will mostly prevent all the issues you're concerned about but it's very noticable and tacky looking on these awesome trucks
Second is to get the whole bed relined so it looks like the way it did from factory
Last option is to cut away completely from a bolt and install a tire rack or aftermarket accessory that bolts to the bed to hide the cutouts, I would recommend getting aftermarket bolts as well if you decide to go this route.

OP
OP
P

pla748

Reaction score
here is new update from my advisor.
They can NOT do spot spray to fix the damaged spray paint, and have to order new 6 bolts and sand the whole box then re-spray.
since it's still under warranty, I will not do anything aftermarket change on the truck.
waiting for the reply to confirm the re-spay is free of charge. :(