How to drive your Gen 1 in the snow?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BBQPorkins

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I live in the snow belt and I can honestly say I never going into 4H unless there is about 6 inches of snow and driving on the highway. I read one of the replies and they mentioned about locking the rear end... I totally forgot about that. I think I've used that maybe twice and once was for a burnout lol. All in all this has been the best vehicle for the snow I've ever owned its basically point and shoot and don't forget wheel speed not too much and not too little. I don't need no stinking modes ;)

George Dyck

Reaction score
Smooth and steady at the controls. No sudden moves. Try not to spin your tires when taking off (unless your in a mall parking lot hot dogging). And remember, you can’t stop any faster than you can take off so give yourself lots of room. 4 high - especially with diff lock on, for slippery surfaces only. When on roads that are heavily sanded or wet, it’s back to 2 wheel drive. Loose snow on the edges of the road can give you better traction than the hard packed, glazed portion where most people drive.

George Dyck

Reaction score
Best advice put it in 4H, drive to a big empty parking lot, put it in 2H and rip some donuts and slide around. Then back to 4H and youre a snow pro. I grew up in NH with an 82 monte carlo. This is the way, i have spoken.
That’s basically the way I learned as well. You get to know how you vehicle reacts to driver inputs and exactly what your limits are pretty damn quick.

Akraptor18

Reaction score
When I first read the post and watched the video I was confused. But I think I figured it out. Your grandma logged on to your account and was asking these questions. I know if it were you, there would have atleast been some donuts and getting sideways. I would just be mad at her for the fact that, she will get t-***** running stop signs like that .