How to best boost Horse Power 50-100

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cadurham88

Reaction score
I’m interested in boosting the horse power to 500-550 (so, 50-100 hp increase). Any suggestions on best ways to accomplish? Sorry I’m advance if this was discussed in another string.

blwn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen3s don't have tunes available yet. You could try a JB4, I think a few other users have posted they ordered one but I haven't seen any feedback.

BadWRP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only tune set up that I know of that is available now for the Gen 3 is the Whipple Stage 1.

Ta2punk

Reaction score
50-100 horsepower boost isn’t going to get your to true 500-550. Yes ford advertises 450 but you’re really only making 360ish to the wheels. to get true 500+ to the ground you’re gonna need a handful of aftermarket parts and a tune.

Grayson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would wait for Cobb to release Gen3 OTS maps then go with a custom tune depending on mods. Speaking of performance parts, you may find yourself waiting to confirm fit or not seeing a lot of the previous performance parts advertised.

Im so old I remember when aftermarket parts were available as soon as a vehicle was released.

SkyPilot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Also a factor to consider is warranty. The Roush tune has a warranty Ford will work with if it is installed by a Ford dealer. It is not very aggressive and is good for 57 hp if you use 93+ octane. But I like it and I know I am leaving HP on the table for later......

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Also a factor to consider is warranty. The Roush tune has a warranty Ford will work with if it is installed by a Ford dealer. It is not very aggressive and is good for 57 hp if you use 93+ octane. But I like it and I know I am leaving HP on the table for later......
The Roush tune comes with a separate powertrain warranty through Roush, the factory Ford warranty does not cover tune related issues/damage. The Roush powertrain warranty is only 3 year/36k though, not 5 year/60k like the factory warranty.