How To: Adjust the Fox Shock Perch / Height / Level the Front

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Done it today, VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT to get one spring compressor on the front and one on the back. I had to take one of my compressors apart to get it in between the springs on the back (tight fit yet not impossible) but once I did it took about 30 minutes on each side.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" Amber ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

oxfordraptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Done it today, VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT to get one spring compressor on the front and one on the back. I had to take one of my compressors apart to get it in between the springs on the back (tight fit yet not impossible) but once I did it took about 30 minutes on each side.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" Amber ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

Yup I followed RPG's video and it was done in like 2 hours. Good job and be sure to get your alignment checked.

AbnMP13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yep, then I drove straight to the alignment shop.

2014 Terrain SuperCrew
Vortex Mud Guards ~ Husky Floor Liners ~ Rigid Dually Flushmounts ~ Rigid Dually Clear & Amber Fogs ~ Recon Smoked Mirror Lights ~ Bakflip FiberMax & BakBox ~ SVC Tune ~ Rigid 20" E2 Series - Combo ~ Mid Perch ~ Underhood & Bedlights by Noah

ToddReynolds

Reaction score
Spring Compressor and Shock Valving

BTW, Nice Job SDHQ - I agree with "ChartGuy" and "KaiserM715" sounds like they have done their homework. I do shock valving on all sorts of off road cars from UTV's to Trophy Trucks. The triple internal bypass shock is a very difficult shock to re-valve. Thus, why they call it position sensitive... Like it's Female or something!

For a REAL SPRING COMPRESSOR, see pictures below. Its just at $300 but worth every penny.

View attachment 185652

View attachment 185653

View attachment 185654

View attachment 185655

I am in the process of revalving the Factory FOX SVT Shocks and we are taking it to another level. Yes, you guys are correct that the internal bypass holes inside the shock work a bit better with the spring perch at the middle position. Yes, the truck will work better with Deavers or National Springs setup - BUT, they also work amazingly well with the factory springs. We are valving them for all setups. We do additional work inside the shock besides just creating a new valve stack for compression and rebound. We weld up some of the internal bypass holes and change - what we call Butteryfly shims that cover a bypass hole. This will make the ride on the street a lot more comfortable as well as really increase the off road capabilities. Remember that rear end hop (Like a Bucking Bronco)? Well, this new valving will help settle that down. Have you noticed how the front end launches itself back up in the air after a hard "jump" landing? We got that covered too with a lot more rebound front and rear. The secret is to get the internal bypass hole dialed in with the spring force and have the valving shims do all the rest of the work. Adding more compression valving front and rear keeps it off the bump stops and makes the truck just that much more fun to drive.

Here is a pic of the internal bypass tube inside the shock.

View attachment 185656
Are the spring retainers supposed to be difficult to move to be able to access the additional grooves for mid and top clips? I have new shocks and had a terrible time getting them moved up, plus I don't have the SVT part in the same location. Is this going to be an issue at install? Thanks in advance