HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i am having trouble finding the VDM module. Stock 2020 screw. I am probably missing a step.
Two things that I noted when I did the recalibration:
1) The VDM module did not show up when I had my MPT tune installed. I had to revert back to stock to see it.
2) It took some time for FORScan to initially authenticate and do all of the downloads (whatever it does). It appears that you have to allow that synchronization process to complete before you can follow the steps as outlined.

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
1) The VDM module did not show up when I had my MPT tune installed. I had to revert back to stock to see it.
2) It took some time for FORScan to initially authenticate and do all of the downloads (whatever it does). It appears that you have to allow that synchronization process to complete before you can follow the steps as outlined.
He replied above that it was a hardware issue as he was using the wrong cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

lilgsx96

Reaction score

I had the Same issue with the MPT tune. I just returned it back to stock and it found the VDM. Calibrated it reloaded the MPT tune.

10SpdsOfFury

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just did the recalibration and LF was -17 and RF was -16 and RR and LR were +3. I did the calibration and got the front set to 0 and back to +2. Took it for a drive and I can tell it’s smoother and more like my 2017. I highly recommend if you have Forscan do the recalibration.

dixonk

HMFIC
Reaction score
Very noticeable difference after performing the reset. Back to factory plushness now with the Eibachs and Deaver +4

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Two quick questions:
1) Wouldn’t you want your typical load in the rear so it calibrates to that? The instructions note no “luggage” though.
2) Why wouldn’t you want the weight of you in the driver’s seat? Instructions also say no passengers, but 99% of the time driving it’s just me in the driver’s seat. 0% of the time there is nobody in the drivers seat lol

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
Two quick questions:
1) Wouldn’t you want your typical load in the rear so it calibrates to that? The instructions note no “luggage” though.
2) Why wouldn’t you want the weight of you in the driver’s seat? Instructions also say no passengers, but 99% of the time driving it’s just me in the driver’s seat. 0% of the time there is nobody in the drivers seat lol
The different is so minuscule it would t make a difference. It’s not the same as your typical “corner balance” for cars with coilovers as is sounds like what you’re referencing to

MAMiller44

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The different is so minuscule it would t make a difference. It’s not the same as your typical “corner balance” for cars with coilovers as is sounds like what you’re referencing to

Depending on your setup, the constant load in the bed will lead to up to 2” of intentional sag in the rear. I don’t see that at all as minuscule.

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
Depending on your setup, the constant load in the bed will lead to up to 2” of intentional sag in the rear. I don’t see that at all as minuscule.
If you’ve got 2” of constant sag, you’ve got bigger things to worry about. Like new leafs.
Also, there’s no rear ride height sensors.