HOW TO: 2019+ Live Valve Recalibration - FORScan

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Socalbeachbum

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between doing the reset through IDS and this? I’m taking my truck to svc next month for some goodies and they are going to try this route for me.

RonPorter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there any difference between doing the reset through IDS and this? I’m taking my truck to svc next month for some goodies and they are going to try this route for me.
None. Avoid the dealership. have SVC do it. The dealership will make a note of your new springs. Not good for future warranty stuff.

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
This is amazing!
Literally just dropped off my truck for service and tried to explain to them how to do this and they were clueless! I’ll be completing this at home soon! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is amazing!
Literally just dropped off my truck for service and tried to explain to them how to do this and they were clueless! I’ll be completing this at home soon! Thanks!

It’s the common theme. 2 years of these trucks only and it’s a rarity if a dealer has had to perform this or a tech was even trained on it. Lucky Forscan is now capable.

COLESLAWJAY

Reaction score
It’s the common theme. 2 years of these trucks only and it’s a rarity if a dealer has had to perform this or a tech was even trained on it. Lucky Forscan is now capable.
It really does amaze me how robotic dealerships are. Give them any sort of task that they haven’t been “trained” to do and they act entirely incapable.
If they just handed me the computer i would likely figure it out in 5-10 mins.

Oh well. Thankful for Forscan!

most frantic

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i am having trouble finding the VDM module. Stock 2020 screw. I am probably missing a step.

most frantic

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just follow the exact steps stated in the OP

I had an equipment issue. I had OBDLink LX at the house from another project and tried to use it. It would not load all the PIDs. I got my hands on an OBDLink EX today. It worked like a charm!!

Thanks to the OP, much appreciated!!